I Would like To Shake Robert Green's Hand....

Cons Dad said:
AMERICA-STILL UNDEFEATED IN WORLD CUP COMPETITION V ENGALND!!!

what has an individual record against a nation got to do with anything? surely its about winning the tournament which means beating a host of teams and NOT celebrating a draw against a poor english team .....

Mind you with the US of A track record of being world champions in Baseball, basketball and American Football all major world sports :) I suppose you could say you are the world champions at "not losing to england in the world cup" !! LOL :)

You deserved a point just for the effort put in by your two centre backs but now lets see how your team deals with the might of Algeria and Slovenia :) surely you will now top the group ?

If you have read ANY of my previous posts you would see that I predict we will be dropping points v Either Slovenia or Algeria or both. I doubt England will be dropping points. We just arent THAT good.

Well, we seem to do fairly well in huge World Comps like the Olympic Games dont we? We usually end up winning a fair amount of medals (someof them gold as well) at the end of the day.

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:43 pm --

Corky said:
Frank the Yank said:
The last time was, unfortunately was the first derby @ eastlands. But form about 1990-2004 I came to England twice a year seeing 3-4 City games/season. Not bad for a dumb Yank born in new york and living in new York is it?? A true football fan, i would go see rochdale the days City werent playing just to be able to watch live footie and have some good banter (drinking good beer to boot) in an Englsih pub
My circumstances have changed greatly sinc ethen. I got involved (and married) a lovely Thai maiden. I even turned her into a big blue!!! The last 6 years if I am not working I am in thailand. Sorry but in this case my family and its future takes 2nd place to City. One day when it is feasible with both time and money constraints I will take my bride to a couple of city matches. I do miss coming to England, spending time with old (and new) mates and drinking in pubs and talking to the folks I encounter. hopefully I will get back soon.
Again, i dont have to establish my City and footbal bone fides to ANYONE-espeically some young punk who wasnt even BORN yet when I started going to City and YEAH i was AT the 5-1!!!!
This may or may not be a dig at you corky. i honestly dont know if you fall into that category or not. If you dont, thats cool. If you do, i dont have to apologise to anyone. We aint giving the goal back and the match was draw. If youse cannot take some good natured ribbing, then go bak and hide under your mamma's skirt.....

Calm down, it was a rhetorical question.

You started a thread to wind people up but just got wound up yourself.

Fair point Corky. you know at times its not easy to spot a post that has sarcasm or is rhetorical or serious or semi serious. All i know is that there has been plenty of anti American invective reagrding yesterday's game. I think there is a line between good natured barbs and invective.

Some of the guys on here sounds like bitter Rags. It is insulting when individual posters stereotype us (yank football fans) as stupid, uniformed yahoos. Although football will NEVER be a major sport in America, there are plenty of native Americans (yes I am one) that do "get it".

Having said all that, I hope both nations go thru-with the USA as the top spot with 7 points of course. Well, we can dream!! hey, maybe we can play Oz in the next round then you lot will be BOTH happy and pissed off at the same time!!! LOL!!! Come on football gods-cooperate!!<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 pm --<br /><br />Forgot to add:

AMERICA-STILL UNDEFEATED V MIGHTY ENGLAND IN WORLD CUP COMPETITION!!!

Frank the Yank said:
Cons Dad said:
what has an individual record against a nation got to do with anything? surely its about winning the tournament which means beating a host of teams and NOT celebrating a draw against a poor english team .....

Mind you with the US of A track record of being world champions in Baseball, basketball and American Football all major world sports :) I suppose you could say you are the world champions at "not losing to england in the world cup" !! LOL :)

You deserved a point just for the effort put in by your two centre backs but now lets see how your team deals with the might of Algeria and Slovenia :) surely you will now top the group ?

If you have read ANY of my previous posts you would see that I predict we will be dropping points v Either Slovenia or Algeria or both. I doubt England will be dropping points. We just arent THAT good.

Well, we seem to do fairly well in huge World Comps like the Olympic Games dont we? We usually end up winning a fair amount of medals (someof them gold as well) at the end of the day.

Corky said:
Calm down, it was a rhetorical question.

You started a thread to wind people up but just got wound up yourself.

Fair point Corky. you know at times its not easy to spot a post that has sarcasm or is rhetorical or serious or semi serious. All i know is that there has been plenty of anti American invective reagrding yesterday's game. I think there is a line between good natured barbs and invective.

Some of the guys on here sounds like bitter Rags. It is insulting when individual posters stereotype us (yank football fans) as stupid, uniformed yahoos. Although football will NEVER be a major sport in America, there are plenty of native Americans (yes I am one) that do "get it".

Having said all that, I hope both nations go thru-with the USA as the top spot with 7 points of course. Well, we can dream!! hey, maybe we can play Oz in the next round then you lot will be BOTH happy and pissed off at the same time!!! LOL!!! Come on football gods-cooperate!!

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 pm --

Forgot to add:

Yer a bona fide indigenous Indian, Frank? Sioux, Cherokee, Chiricuahua? My hero is Crazy Horse of the Oglala Sioux. Would have loved him in the midfield at Hyde Road.

Frank the Yank said:
The last time was, unfortunately was the first derby @ eastlands. But form about 1990-2004 I came to England twice a year seeing 3-4 City games/season. Not bad for a dumb Yank born in new york and living in new York is it?? A true football fan, i would go see rochdale the days City werent playing just to be able to watch live footie and have some good banter (drinking good beer to boot) in an Englsih pub
My circumstances have changed greatly sinc ethen. I got involved (and married) a lovely Thai maiden. I even turned her into a big blue!!! The last 6 years if I am not working I am in thailand. Sorry but in this case my family and its future takes 2nd place to City. One day when it is feasible with both time and money constraints I will take my bride to a couple of city matches. I do miss coming to England, spending time with old (and new) mates and drinking in pubs and talking to the folks I encounter. hopefully I will get back soon.
Again, i dont have to establish my City and footbal bone fides to ANYONE-espeically some young punk who wasnt even BORN yet when I started going to City and YEAH i was AT the 5-1!!!!
This may or may not be a dig at you corky. i honestly dont know if you fall into that category or not. If you dont, thats cool. If you do, i dont have to apologise to anyone. We aint giving the goal back and the match was draw. If youse cannot take some good natured ribbing, then go bak and hide under your mamma's skirt.....

Are you in New York now then, Frank?

Wreckless Alec said:
As blues we need the USA to succeed. I have a feeling that the USA will be our biggest market in the years to come.

I have a few players in my academy I wish I could ship off to a proper academy (mcfc).. but we have no relationship with ANY academy's so we're greatful to get anyone to come out and see our players.. and they usually end up going to some shit academy here in the states.. I would almost PAY city to coem look at them.. I can't think of anything that would make me happier than to give city a couple players that my club has trained..<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:49 pm --<br /><br />The more i watch this world cup.. and the more i hear players complaining about the movement of the ball.. the more i feel sorry for green.. algeria's keeper had a howler today that was arguably worse than greens..

so..

was it the ball? or green? honestly..

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Frank the Yank said:

Having said all that, I hope both nations go thru-with the USA as the top spot with 7 points of course. Well, we can dream!! hey, maybe we can play Oz in the next round then you lot will be BOTH happy and pissed off at the same time!!! LOL!!! Come on football gods-cooperate!!

-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 pm --

Forgot to add:

Yer a bona fide indigenous Indian, Frank? Sioux, Cherokee, Chiricuahua? My hero is Crazy Horse of the Oglala Sioux. Would have loved him in the midfield at Hyde Road.

I KNEW someone would bite. Yes I AM a native American but I am NOT an indigenous one. Now I dont think even the ones you call indigenous are exactly that. they probably crossed the land bridge on the Bering Straits some 50,000 years ago...........<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:17 pm --<br /><br />
NEBlue1 said:
Frank the Yank said:

Are you in New York now then, Frank?

No mate but close enough. I am in Washington, DC for a small family gathering. here for a few days but will be in Thailand in july......Nice to see you back mate. Where have you been???

Robert Green has been announced as BPs new CEO.

A reporter said 'He's an expert on spillages and his eagerness to help America in their difficult situation won't go unnoticed"

stevenryals said:
The more i watch this world cup.. and the more i hear players complaining about the movement of the ball.. the more i feel sorry for green.. algeria's keeper had a howler today that was arguably worse than greens..

so..

was it the ball? or green? honestly..

Definitely Green, the ball was along the ground so any excuse about it moving in the air doesn't work for me! He seemed to get his body behind the ball fine, but then let it squirm out. It is definitely a mistake then can end international careers! James looks odds on to play on Friday - A nice safe hands replacement!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.