"I would rather lose a tournament than break my word to a player"

It elementary dear fatbloke, all you need to do is look at their actions which speak louder than any words. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out what they're thinking is as they've made it plainly clear fella.

But when anyone else uses that logic you throw your toys out of the pram and say it's not allowed. Double standards sweetheart, double standards.

Why are people squabbling again just after a trophy win. Some of you are still arguing about who said STUPENDOUS after Sergio scored on the greatest day in our club's history. Just be.happy. Five major trophies in five years, people. No need to fight.

But when anyone else uses that logic you throw your toys out of the pram and say it's not allowed. Double standards sweetheart, double standards.
Obviously you're just looking for an argument, but you won't be getting one from me fella. There isn't a logic to what I said only fact, which is that our owners actions and words have said it all.

Don't believe me? Watch Khaldoon's end of season address and you will hear our owner's view on a trophyless season. Not my view, but that of our owners right hand man who I assume speaks for our owner.

Furthermore, whether you can face the unpalatable truth or not, the fact is our owner has acted and Manuel will be relieved of his duties at the end of the season to be replaced by Guardiola. Not an assumption on my part, not logic, not double standards sweetie, but irrefutable fact. You can dress it up however you want, but it just is what it is mate.

Why are people squabbling again just after a trophy win. Some of you are still arguing about who said STUPENDOUS after Sergio scored on the greatest day in our club's history. Just be.happy. Five major trophies in five years, people. No need to fight.

Crazy innit Pam.
MP did th right thing if you ask me. He's got 30 players to keep sweet and make them feel part of a team. Trust is what makes that happen and every squad member will appreciate what the way he dealt with the keeper situation.

We twatted them mocikeys once and well do the scouse muppets again tonightt. Everyone be ha[[y and stop fucking whining.

UP THE BLUES PAM...

As i understand it, Manuel in his post match interview didn't actually say that he would rather lose than break his word to Willy. What he actually said was that he would rather lose than break his word to a player. The fact that he said it after the event made it a very cheap way of reinforcing his commitment to his players. It doesn't mean that he would play somebody even if their left leg fell off, what he is actually saying to his players is "you can count on me" and the unspoken quid pro quo is that he expects the players to keep their side of the bargain, which Willy did handsomely on Sunday. I don't think it's that hard to understand, if you don't want to use it as a stick to beat him with.
I understand exactly what he said fully and no amount of you repeating the same thing over and over again will change my view which is I have no problem with Manuel giving a player his word, but if he'd rather lose than break his word then personally I disagree with it because as I said yesterday, one of the major rules of management is to give yourself options, wriggle room and not paint yourself into a corner.

The world isn't black & white and things change over time. What may have been the case yesterday isn't necessarily going to be the case today. Another thing I learned in management is it takes a bigger man to admit he's wrong and change his course of action than it does to dogmatically stick to a failing strategy come what may just to save face or so you don't have to go back on your word. This isn't aimed at Manuel, it's just the experience I've gained over many years.

If 'he would rather lose than break his word to a player' is exactly what Manuel said, my personal point of view still stands because if I was faced with having to break my word to a player to ensure we advanced, I would hope he would be adult enough to understand that situations are fluid and things can change. However as I've said over and over, I had no issues with Manuel giving Willy his word and sticking by Willy after his performance at Chelsea was the right thing to do in my mind considering I didn't believe playing him would be seriously detrimental to us as was proved to be the case.

I understand exactly what he said fully and no amount of you repeating the same thing over and over again will change my view which is I have no problem with Manuel giving a player his word, but if he'd rather lose than break his word then personally I disagree with it because as I said yesterday, one of the major rules of management is to give yourself options, wriggle room and not paint yourself into a corner.

The world isn't black & white and things change over time. What may have been the case yesterday isn't necessarily going to be the case today. Another thing I learned in management is it takes a bigger man to admit he's wrong and change his course of action than it does to dogmatically stick to a failing strategy come what may just to save face or so you don't have to go back on your word. This isn't aimed at Manuel, it's just the experience I've gained over many years.

If 'he would rather lose than break his word to a player' is exactly what Manuel said, my personal point of view still stands because if I was faced with having to break my word to a player to ensure we advanced, I would hope he would be adult enough to understand that situations are fluid and things can change. However as I've said over and over, I had no issues with Manuel giving Willy his word and sticking by Willy after his performance at Chelsea was the right thing to do in my mind considering I didn't believe playing him would be seriously detrimental to us as was proved to be the case.

Think we get your drift and your constant repetition will not change other minds.

I agree Hart is a better keeper. I don't think I have suggested otherwise. But deeming Willy poor because you believe Hart would have saved a particular shot Willy failed to save, and concluding that Willy sucks coz you 'believe' Hart would have done better there, doesn't strike me as a legitimate metric for whether a keeper is performing.

Except I haven't.

This.

Think we get your drift and your constant repetition will not change other minds.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind fella and my stance hasn't wavered from the get go and I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm correct as its all about opinions. I respect others' opinions and hopefully they can respect mine.

In respect to you, have you anything of relevance to add or was that post the sum total of your efforts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.