"I would rather lose a tournament than break my word to a player"

Three_Hat-tricks

Everything I love about this beloved club of mine encapsulated in one sentence. Knowing Pellegrini as I think I do, he would probably have said that had we lost the game too. Full respect.

I'm usually hyper-critical of Pellegrini, but I must admit my estimation of him increased when I heard he kept his promise to Willy, rarely do you get that sort of loyalty in these days.
Fair do's to Manuel for that (let's just hope you don't balls it up for Wednesday now please) :)

Very few of us, including myself, supported Pellegrini's decision to start Caballero, but he's been vindicated in a huge way.

It's easy to say with hindsight, and the reaction to that quote would have been very different had we lost, but you have to admire Pellegrini's loyalty, and indeed balls, for making that call.

It's the sort of sound bite that is fucking brilliant when you've just won a cup, but I would have been fucking furious if his decision to play Willy had cost us the cup. Fair play to him though, he stuck to his guns and it paid off handsomely.

Great respect for that.

It's easy for us to judge as fans, but post match when Caballero was interviewed and was talking about his family being there to witness him win his first ever trophy, it nearly brought a tear to my eye and I'm not afraid to admit that.

Well done Pellegrini and well done Caballero. You both epitomised everything that is good about this brilliant football club.

That's why we need to stick together and have faith. For me supporting City has always been about swimming against the tide. I'm gutted Manuel is leaving. He is perfect for City but I'm sure he feels Pep can continue to help the club grow. He takes so much crap in press conferences and at games and on these forums. I hope he wins 2 more trophies with us. People call him stubborn, boring and tactically clueless. For stubborn try confident. For boring try calm. For tactically clueless try 100% steadfast in his beliefs.

Three years seems to the modern life cycle of a manager these days. Manuel has ensured he will always be fondly remembered by everyone at our great club - but when someone of Pep's calibre is available you don't change plans, you move to the next level. So glad that we have actually won a trophy for him this year, hopefully we will still have a big say in the title then he will move to another club preferably in Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.