Ibra..would you have him yes or no?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Er, Dzeko is staying, right?
So does that mean we want Ibra or not? It's been way too quiet here in the last days - tell us more, Tolmie! :)

CTID101 said:
I don't see what his wages at PSG have got to do with anything?

He gets them wages because he wanted a high base wage and didnt want to be effected by the huge tax laws in France. Bear in mind he was lowering himself to go to Ligue 1 he could demand what he wanted.

If he leaves he isn't going to get the same wages anywhere apart from Anzhi and Monaco so he will be taking a pay cut anyway if he wants to play in the Prem.

If he joined us he would probably be the highest paid player but not on the wages he gets at PSG.

Correct assessment!

OB1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Er, Dzeko is staying, right?

I hope not.
This.

Imo Ibra would be the best striker in the league.
He would be an amazing partner for aguero, who would benefit immensely from ibras ability to bully defences (something we miss in our team) and create chances.

It's not going to happen, but I can dream.

I rate Ibrahimović as a player but how can age not be a factor? Unless we got him at a good price he's not for me. Many on here were saying that RVP was too old last summer and he was only 29 (though I appreciate the injuries were also a factor for RVP) but I would prefer us to be signing/builiding the team round players in their prime.

jknight said:
I rate Ibrahimović as a player but how can age not be a factor? Unless we got him at a good price he's not for me. Many on here were saying that RVP was too old last summer and he was only 29 (though I appreciate the injuries were also a factor for RVP) but I would prefer us to be signing/builiding the team round players in their prime.

Well for one thing, Ibra is in his prime right now. His game relies on strength, incredible skills, a fearsome shot and footballing intelligence. He's 31 now, even if he loses a yard of pace over the next few years I'd be very surprised if he suddenly lost his touch, strength, powerful shot, and most importantly his footballing brain. I'd say he's got at least another 3 years at the very top.

I doubt we will sign him but I would personally love it if we did.

Vincents Tackle said:
jknight said:

Well for one thing, Ibra is in his prime right now. His game relies on strength, incredible skills, a fearsome shot and footballing intelligence. He's 31 now, even if he loses a yard of pace over the next few years I'd be very surprised if he suddenly lost his touch, strength, powerful shot, and most importantly his footballing brain. I'd say he's got at least another 3 years at the very top.

I doubt we will sign him but I would personally love it if we did.

He's certaintly still banging the goals in and he's an awesome player - some strikers such as Drogba go on well into their 30s so it's difficult to predict how many seasons we would get out of him. I would love it too if we signed him but at his age I just wouldn't break the bank for him.

Make it happen Cheeky!!

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.