Ibra

Rammy Blue said:
BlueMark said:
Mancini is manager not Keegan you crazy man ! :-)

we could play 3 at the back and fit Dzeko in as well I suppose.

why bother, surely its this 0-3-1-5 formation ?

Hart
De JOng YaYa Barry
Silva
AJ Tevez ADe Ibra Torres Dzeko

don't get me wrong, im excited about tolmie's comments, but this isn't common sense surely? we need defenders

Rammy Blue said:
....................Yaya...................
....................Silva...................
......Tevez..Torres..Ibra..Ade.......

beautiful.
can you imagine ibra coming taking the ball off silva."give it me i know what to do with it". he would roll about laughing.

Somud said:
i8rags said:
ibra is the kind of player who holds up and spreads the ball wide and brings the midfield towards him. he is not a forward who comes deep and looks to give the ball to his strike partner. or are we not talking about the same player here.

We are not talking about the same player apparently. You do not have a correct picture of him at all. He is not a target man that stays up front and hold up the ball. Ibra plays a deep position behind a striker, and is constantly looking at creating opportunities for his team mates, but doesn't have trouble scoring himself as well. That's the role he will be given under Mancini as well.

He may have played some games in that role in Italy but never when I was watching him, in fact I saw him play plenty of games right up front with people wellying the ball 40 yards down the pitch at him.

i8rags said:
Somud said:
Perhaps the reason some people that haven't seen him that much have these opinions is that they automatically think he's a standard target man striker based on his height and size? He's very far from that.
its clear we are going to disagree on this one and you have an opinion which of course i respect. but to presume i know nothing about ibra is ignorant. i do not believe he is a target man and adebayor is not a target man either solely based on his size. but playmaker he is not. silva, cesc, alonso, sneider, messi, xavi etc are. ibra is no way a similar playmaker to any one of these. i believe he is good at linking up midfield and attack not creating from midfield for the attack which is what you are trying to suggest.

Playmakers don't have to be midfielders. I have never said that Ibra is a midfielder like the players you mention. So he is not a similar playmaker to players like Cesc. Creating as a forward, by playing off a striker is where Ibra excels, and Mancini is well aware of his strengths, in many ways Mancini had a similar role as a player, although there are also differences between the two.

Keith Moon said:
Rammy Blue said:
"Where do I sign?"

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

One of his goals has always been to be the #1 paid footballer in the world.
He will come if we just can agree the transfer fee with Barca.

in that case then I can see this happening, Barca need the cash for Fabregas, Mancini clearly wants Ibra and to get Robbie off the books without the club 'losing face' so to speak would be a bonus.

Agree Keith ?

Whatever the division of opinion on Ibra...and for me he is WORLD CLASS...

He is used to being a winner...and you cannot have enough of these type of players.

It's where we fell short last year.

Tevez dragged us alomost single-handedly kicking and screaming into the Carling semis and into the final week of the season.

A lot of this was down to his own winning mentality. Imagine where we would have ended up if we had another one or two of his ilk.

We already do with both Silva and Yaya, added to Ibra, and potentially Torres (pray).

Mixed in with the raw energy and talent of Boateng, another defender and Milner, you have all the ingredients for greatness.

I have mentioned before, I don't think we will see a window of this like, ever again.

A window for the next three or four years.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whatever the division of opinion on Ibra...and for me he is WORLD CLASS...

He is used to being a winner...and you cannot have enough of these type of players.

It's where we fell short last year.

Tevez dragged us alomost single-handedly kicking and screaming into the Carling semis and into the final week of the season.

A lot of this was down to his own winning mentality. Imagine where we would have ended up if we had another one or two of his ilk.

We already do with both Silva and Yaya, added to Ibra, and potentially Torres (pray).

Mixed in with the raw energy and talent of Boateng, another defender and Milner, you have all the ingredients for greatness.

I have mentioned before, I don't think we will see a window of this like, ever again.

A window for the next three or four years.
totally agree tolmie!!! just one thing,mancini has just stated in the men that dzeko is more than just an interest? whats your take on that mate as you`ve previously stated you knew nothing about our interest in him? cheers fella.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.