Ibra

LongsightM13 said:
Not for me.
Ibra is a great player but I believe he would flop here and would be City's 'Shevchenko' signing
Would rather Dzeko any day of the week, better suited to the Prem

Dzeko's style of play is identical to Ibra's yet he is inferior in every way.

Sabster said:
LongsightM13 said:
Not for me.
Ibra is a great player but I believe he would flop here and would be City's 'Shevchenko' signing
Would rather Dzeko any day of the week, better suited to the Prem

Dzeko's style of play is identical to Ibra's yet he is inferior in every way.
I disagree, Sabster. While Ibra has much more finesse and technique, he doesn't have Dzeko's power or aggression. Dzeko is also better in the air. Also, he is young enough to improve, while Ibra is at his peak or maybe even ever so slightly past it. Still a great player but not someone I would gamble on at his age

We have a free run at Dzeko if Wolfsburg can be budged but it is probably too late in this window. If Adebayor doesn't perform by January, maybe then?

Reading Guardiola's comments, it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that Ibra might move on still:

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola still hopes to make more signings ahead of the new La Liga season, but is cagey on Zlatan Ibrahimovic's future.

Barca have signed striker David Villa and utility player Adriano Correia so far this summer, but Yaya Toure has left the Nou Camp and Guardiola has a relatively small squad of 19 at his disposal.

The 39-year-old has hinted young players will get a chance once again this term, but insists he is interested in bringing in more new faces as well.

"New signings could arrive," he said at a press conference ahead of Saturday night's Spanish Supercup second leg against Sevilla.

"The club knows how I feel and if there are some positions we can strengthen. Someone may come in or not."

Guardiola was unusually evasive, however, when asked about the future of under-fire striker Ibrahimovic.

The Barca coach was asked about the Swede six times during the press conference, but his responses were non-committal and even somewhat mysterious.

"For the good of everybody, it is better if I say nothing," he said.

When asked why, he replied: "Because I say so, I am the coach."

Pressed further, Guardiola added: "He is here... he's a Barcelona player."

On Thursday, Ibrahimovic's agent, Mino Raiola, ruled out a move for his client, who has been linked with both AC Milan and Manchester City this summer.

It would be quite frankly insane if we signed Ibrahimovic with 10 days of the window left... A typical City move in the transfer window xD If Robinho is valued at £16million then i would bid £15,000,000 plus Robby.

Barca want him out
Pep wants him out
Ibra would rather stay

His agent coming out yesterday was to firmly put Zlatan in a strong position regarding his contract.

I don't think anyone can afford to pay him and we'd have to be desperate to make a move for him now with Ade cup tied.

Barca would have to make the move appealing to us and even then Ibra is not keen on a move this window.

Big Ned said:
Barca want him out
Pep wants him out
Ibra would rather stay

His agent coming out yesterday was to firmly put Zlatan in a strong position regarding his contract.

I don't think anyone can afford to pay him and we'd have to be desperate to make a move for him now with Ade cup tied.

Barca would have to make the move appealing to us and even then Ibra is not keen on a move this window.

His agents comments are standard practise, Ibra will want his loyalty payment when he is sold, ie. not requesting a move.

I doubt he'd start every game and if he is moaning about not playing every game at the best club in the world then what is he going to be like here?

I've said alot of times, I don't think we will sign Ibra this summer or in January regardless of what all the ITK's say and I don't even think that I want to be proved wrong.

I can't see this happening due to the financial amount that Barcelona would want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.