Ibra

unexpected item said:
Quotes from the press conference in Timisoara

Robinho just depends if you want to continue with us. I gave him five days of thinking that wants to choose what to do.

And everyone would want the team to Ibrahimovic, but he still plays for Barcelona and is very difficult to transfer, "Mancini said at press conference

http://violamania.gsp.ro/stiri/1204...-teren-propriu-au-jucat-mereu-foarte-bine.htm

sounds like some early groundwork from Bobby to get this guy in.

Still think we're gunning for a big name signature this window, the marquee signing to send shivers down Taggart et al. Dzecko's not yet in that category. Ibra? Certinaly is......

baron marius said:
nick.nikky said:
It's really, really unlikely you will ever see Roberto paying over the odds for any player above 25 though and I doubt Ibrahimovic will be an exception to the rule. Perhaps if they offered him on a loan he would consider paying the wages, but that's about it. Maybe - maybe - if the offered him on a deal significantly lower than what they paid or something where City could get rid of Robbie in the process - he'd MIGHT make an exception.

Ex:

Julio Cesar - joined at 25.
Maicon - 24.
Ibrahimovic - 24.
Kolarov - 24.
Silva - 24.
Balotelli - 20.
Boyata - 21.
Milner - 24.

... all relatively unestablished (at the time) and highly talented. Hernan Crespo (at 31) came on a loan and was later hired on a free. Etc. Buys like RSC I couldn't imagine happening in a million years.

I quite like this frame of mind actually.

Have big hopes for the investments and efforts in the Academy to be the primary resource now that the young core mostly listed here is starting to take shape.

That's what makes him such a safe bet in transfers and why worries on knee jerk astronomical fees for players like Ibrahimovic shouldn't be a concern.

Inter has done this for years: Cambiasso, 23, on a free. Stankovic, 25, 3.3M + Pandev. Mihajlovic, free. Davids, free. Dacourt, Bosman. Veron, loan... It's a very cunning way of "buying success" without actually putting any real money except salaries on the table. The biggest signing Inter/Mancini did during Roberto's 4 years at Inter was Ibrahimovic for 20M and the sum total would be something like 70M for the whole Roberto generation that's gathered 5 Serie A's. 3 Coppa Italias and 1 CL. People were actually prepared to march on Moratti for his lack of spending.

This year of course prices were inflated cause of Hughes careless transfer policy, the fact clubs knew City had to buy and there not being many players out in the cold at big clubs - but once City can play it cool: cue Kaka and the likes on a free cause no one else can/will handle their salaries. The leverage of a solid youth core rocks. Buys you all the time in the world.

The Fat el Hombre said:
dref619 said:
he didnt buy boyata

..and Boyata isn't 21

I'm assuming the poster got him mixed up with Boateng

Poor attention span will do that to you. And here I was feeling so happy I caught the Villa/Silva mix up before sending my scattered brain vomit into cyber space...

Not half as bad as the time I dressed myself in my team mates underwear in the lockers though. If there's ever a "oh f*ck" moment it's when you find yourself in another mans underwear. ;)

nick.nikky said:
baron marius said:
I quite like this frame of mind actually.

Have big hopes for the investments and efforts in the Academy to be the primary resource now that the young core mostly listed here is starting to take shape.

That's what makes him such a safe bet in transfers and why worries on knee jerk astronomical fees for players like Ibrahimovic shouldn't be a concern.

Inter has done this for years: Cambiasso, 23, on a free. Stankovic, 25, 3.3M + Pandev. Mihajlovic, free. Davids, free. Dacourt, Bosman. Veron, loan... It's a very cunning way of "buying success" without actually putting any real money except salaries on the table. The biggest signing Inter/Mancini did during Roberto's 4 years at Inter was Ibrahimovic for 20M and the sum total would be something like 70M for the whole Roberto generation that's gathered 5 Serie A's. 3 Coppa Italias and 1 CL. People were actually prepared to march on Moratti for his lack of spending.

This year of course prices were inflated cause of Hughes careless transfer policy, the fact clubs knew City had to buy and there not being many players out in the cold at big clubs - but once City can play it cool: cue Kaka and the likes on a free cause no one else can/will handle their salaries. The leverage of a solid youth core rocks. Buys you all the time in the world.

Wow thanks for the insight. I hadn't thought of this as I am very new to following the way the transfer market works (living in the US will do that to you). Another reason why the Mancini transfer strategy felt so intuitively superior to the Hughes strategy in my mind while reading up here and learning about the differences.

Though I suppose the stepping-stone argument in favor of Hughes, that one has to start somewhere to make the club alluring for such high-level young talent, has some merit.

Any thoughts on this?

malg said:
Right, anyone else up for an Ibra tattoo?

Not for me, but I know just that man who is

article-0-0351A2E9000005DC-374_306x356.jpg

# Raiola: "Zlatan is staying at Barcelona, the club with whom he has a four-year contract. There aren't talks with any other clubs." 20 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Raiola on Milan's interest in Ibrahimovic: "Words of respect, those of Braida, which make us happy, but it starts and ends here."

"Mourinho respects him, Ancelotti respect him, even clubs in Germany respect him, but Ibra is staying at Barca"

Andouble said:
# Raiola: "Zlatan is staying at Barcelona, the club with whom he has a four-year contract. There aren't talks with any other clubs." 20 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Raiola on Milan's interest in Ibrahimovic: "Words of respect, those of Braida, which make us happy, but it starts and ends here."

"Mourinho respects him, Ancelotti respect him, even clubs in Germany respect him, but Ibra is staying at Barca"

fwiw, the spanish tabloids have hinted that he will stay. "noises from in the camp are that he will stay" kind of thing.

they also ran a whole slew of polls, asking if Barca should sell him, the overwhelming response was, 'No'

Villa has done extremely well on the left for Spain. So it could well be that Ibra keeps his place at the tip of the trident. It's either Villa-Ibra-Messi or Pedro-Villa-Messi, you tell me which one looks better.

If these noises are correct, and Ade is unsettled, Roberto might do better to pick up the phone to Edin again. Juve have now all but completed their one permitted non-EU signing (Krasic, fee agreed at last). Edin is not happy with WFL-VW, rumours are he nearly got physical in the last meeting with Hoeness.

Not for me.
Ibra is a great player but I believe he would flop here and would be City's 'Shevchenko' signing
Would rather Dzeko any day of the week, better suited to the Prem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.