Ibra

We would have signed Dzeko a good while ago if we weren't confident of landing either Ibra or Torres.

I've always had the feeling that Ibra is Mancini's choice and Torres is Sheikh Mansour's.

Rammy Blue said:
We would have signed Dzeko a good while ago if we weren't confident of landing either Ibra or Torres.

I've always had the feeling that Ibra is Mancini's choice and Torres is Sheikh Mansour's.

I wonder if he still is after Monday ? Even at 80% fit he showed he is a threat

BlueMark said:
Rammy Blue said:

is this clarkie bait ? torres was terrible for most the game

dref619 said:
BlueMark said:

Not at all mate, I didnt say he wasnt terrible (which he was for most of the game) but take into account that he isnt fit and was playing in a very very poor side, now put him in our side......... there he would be a threat !

BlueMark said:
dref619 said:

Not at all mate, I didnt say he wasnt terrible (which he was for most of the game) but take into account that he isnt fit and was playing in a very very poor side, now put him in our side......... there he would be a threat !

Fair play mate, I have always thought torres struggles when he's not fit

dref619 said:
BlueMark said:

Fair play mate, I have always thought torres struggles when he's not fit

I would defo agree there mate, I would just love to see him line up with the calibre of players we have now. When fit his movement is superb, pace is right up there and his eye for goal is second to none.

Torres won't come to us, I would be absolutely gobsmacked if after all he has said about us and his love to the dippers including loyalty he signed just weeks after making those comments, but until 1st September can't rule it out. If we wanted Dzeko we would have signed him already, the only striker I can see coming is Ibra but can only rate that as a 3/10 chance at the moment.

Rammyblues said:
Torres won't come to us, I would be absolutely gobsmacked if after all he has said about us and his love to the dippers including loyalty he signed just weeks after making those comments, but until 1st September can't rule it out. If we wanted Dzeko we would have signed him already, the only striker I can see coming is Ibra but can only rate that as a 3/10 chance at the moment.

To be honest if we were to only lose Robinho and/or RSC from our forwards I wouldnt be concerned, however should Ade leave for whatever reason then we are light. Hopefully Balotelli's injury isnt anything to worry about as the quicker we can get him involved the better.

Having said all that, IF a player of Ibra's quality shows even the slighest interest in coming to us we ought to look at it big time !

Ibra I'd take.
Torres I think would be a huge gamble after the injuries he's had, how often he gets injured still.(brittle), the bad world cup and poor current form. have a feeling his best days may be gone. And at the number of groats we'd be talking about... what was it, £60m-£70m? plus the ridiculous wages. Nah, I'd pass.
Dzeko I'd risk. But not at the £40million being quoted by Wolfsburg.

I'm happy to give Jo another go. (Hey I'm a poet and I didn't know) 4 goals in... how many pre season games was it, 5, 6? Come on Jo, you've bought yourself another shot. Don't waste it.

I would hate it if he signed Torres. Firstly because of what he's said about us in the press, secondly and thirdly because I'd rather have Dzeko or Ibra if we're going down that route.

I loved it on Monday night when Torres was leaving the pitch, head down, 3-0 down and the chant of "You'll never play for City, You'll never play for City" rang out :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.