Ibra

TheMightyQuinn said:
Damo, you're wasting your time.

I'd be quite surprised to find that those slating Ibra have seen 90mins of him between them let alone each.

Just because a player doesn't score a hat trick of over head kicks in the 4 minutes you watch them on ITV doesn't mean they're not a world class talent.

Damocles, you may be best waiting for me to publish my controversial paper on Football Manager and Fifa/Pro Evo in which I argue that they are responsible for turning the modern fan into a curious combination of a know it all and a fuckwit.

You have a point on this. We get recommendations to sign players ALL THE TIME in the transfer forum that are ridiculous. "Oh, we need that Defour lad!". Someone needs to tell me where they are watching 90 minutes of Standard Liege football every week. I mean, I watch an absolutely ridiculous number of games a week; I've always got a stream on the PC or a recorded game on the TV, but I never seem to catch Liege, I don't even think they have a regular stream. So, what exactly are they judging him off? Do they happen to catch the Belgium national team on a weekly basis? The fixture list would suggest not.
The only way they are judging these players, is off the computer games, or even worse, a highlight reel on Youtube.

Damocles said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I'd be quite surprised to find that those slating Ibra have seen 90mins of him between them let alone each.

Just because a player doesn't score a hat trick of over head kicks in the 4 minutes you watch them on ITV doesn't mean they're not a world class talent.

Damocles, you may be best waiting for me to publish my controversial paper on Football Manager and Fifa/Pro Evo in which I argue that they are responsible for turning the modern fan into a curious combination of a know it all and a fuckwit.

You have a point on this. We get recommendations to sign players ALL THE TIME in the transfer forum that are ridiculous. "Oh, we need that Defour lad!". Someone needs to tell me where they are watching 90 minutes of Standard Liege football every week. I mean, I watch an absolutely ridiculous number of games a week; I've always got a stream on the PC or a recorded game on the TV, but I never seem to catch Liege, I don't even think they have a regular stream. So, what exactly are they judging him off? Do they happen to catch the Belgium national team on a weekly basis? The fixture list would suggest not.
The only way they are judging these players, is off the computer games, or even worse, a highlight reel on Youtube.

my dad's, friend's, mother's, husband in law's, cousin's, aunty's, son's, friend's, pen pal's, uncle's, cousin's, nephew has a belgian pastry shop in Liege ;P.

Bit of a knobhead, this isn't the first time he's done something like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgyJR-1LYvE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Apparently had an ice pack on his head after.

LoveCity said:
Bit of a knobhead, this isn't the first time he's done something like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgyJR-1LYvE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Apparently had an ice pack on his head after.
Seriously there's got to be at least 10 vids on YouTube of him kicking a team mate. And most of them aren't at all good natured.

Of course I can't stay away from this thread :)...

Ibrahimovic has been the first player on the team sheet for coaches like Capello, Mourinho, Mancini in teams like Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona (until Pep lost it with him for unknown reasons) and now Milan.

About the statements that Ibra is a "nutcase": Ibra is a consummate professional with a winning mentality that is out of this world. To keep up this mentality he is extremely hard on himself, and others around him. People who are winners too recognise this drive. Now, it may not be the most Gandhi-like way to live, but it obviously works for him.

To say that "Milan is the best team and he was lucky to be in it" is ridiculous. After winning the Champions League, League and Italian Cup, while their nearest rivals didn't improve radically, there was no doubt that Inter would stroll to another Scudetto. But when Ibra signed for Milan, everybody in Italian football knew, just *knew*, that the rossoneri would reclaim the title. Like all other seasons for Ibra in Italy, if you ask anyone who is the MVP, it's Ibra.

Damocles said:
I prefer this one:

2003-04 Ajax - league winner
2004-05 Juventus - league winner
2005-06 Juventus - league winner (Was Taken away)
2006-07 Inter - league winner
2007-08 Inter - league winner
2008-09 Inter - league winner
2009-10 Barcelona - league winner
2010-11 Milan - league winner

My edit makes it a more reliable fact then yours

Damocles said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I watch loads of football too and sometimes when we get linked to a person I've never really watched, I start watching their games to make a decision for myself.

:P That's not wrong is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.