Ibrahimovic

tommyducks

Apologies if someone already posted this, but I've not seen it. Today's Telegraph reports that City may well swoop for Zlatan Ibrahimovic should Barca sign David Villa from Valencia. Apparently Roberto is keen to renew the working relationship he had at Inter with the player.

Ibra scored 16 in 29 at Barca this season. He's a big guy, for me not as impressive as Eto'o, who went the other way when Barca signed Ibra. But at least he would be Bobby's signing, and if anyone can get the best out of him, Bobby could.........

dannybcity said:
Having seen his style of play I don't know how successful he'd be. I've not seen him alot but he strikes me as a player who likes alot of time and space, the fact he's rarely scored against English teams suggests so anyway.

Why?

He scored 2 against Arsenal, making a fool out of so-called great Varmaelen.

His style is a withdrawn support forward, where his passing and vision really shines. The fact that he was the best player in Serie A by some distance for 3 years in a row proves his qualities. Capello loves him. Mourinho loves him. Mancini loves him. These are superb managers, who are no fools.

With Ibra behind Tevez and a new playmaker (Gourcouff?) I can see us scoring 100 goals next season.

I'm convinced we'll sign him, assuming Barcelona get Villa. It'll be a gamble though, I have never been able to work out whether he is absolutely brilliant or utterly shit. A total enigma.

Lancet Fluke said:
I'm convinced we'll sign him, assuming Barcelona get Villa. It'll be a gamble though, I have never been able to work out whether he is absolutely brilliant or utterly shit. A total enigma.

I know which I think but, whatever, I'll back Mancini's judgement over mine !

Somud said:
dannybcity said:
Having seen his style of play I don't know how successful he'd be. I've not seen him alot but he strikes me as a player who likes alot of time and space, the fact he's rarely scored against English teams suggests so anyway.

Why?

He scored 2 against Arsenal, making a fool out of so-called great Varmaelen.

His style is a withdrawn support forward, where his passing and vision really shines. The fact that he was the best player in Serie A by some distance for 3 years proves his qualities.

With Ibra behind Tevez and a new playmaker (Gourcouff?) I can see us scoring 100 goals next season.

Well I did consider Arsenal but discounted them due to the fact that the play more like a Spanish side. You get more space out of Arsenal than you do at Wigan for example. Granted he was fantastic in Serie A but so was Shevchenko and he couldn't adjust to the English pace. If we got him then I'd expect great things from him but I'd hold a certain amount of reservation.

Think this deal is highly possible and if Mancini thinks he will do well in the Premier League then I trust his judgement.

We will soon see the way Mancini works and the team he wants in place.

dannybcity said:

this
i do think he would struggle to find enough time on the ball to be successful in premier league games, but could be fantastic against europa sides.
wouldn't hurt to sign him and try though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.