Ibrahimovic

We shouldn't pay over the odds. Barca are getting David Villa and want rid of him to fund Fabregas. Barca won't pay over the odds for fabregas and supposedly want to spend just £30 million so why should we pay over the odds for Ibra?

For us, in a situation where we've got fuck loads of money and are not in the champs league so will struggle to attract the top players, if Ibra's up for it he'd probably be worth a gamble

So maybe we'll be playing 4-2-4

Our future forward line....:)

Tevez---------Ade---------Torres----------Ibra

dannybcity said:
Somud said:
Why?

He scored 2 against Arsenal, making a fool out of so-called great Varmaelen.

His style is a withdrawn support forward, where his passing and vision really shines. The fact that he was the best player in Serie A by some distance for 3 years proves his qualities.

With Ibra behind Tevez and a new playmaker (Gourcouff?) I can see us scoring 100 goals next season.

Well I did consider Arsenal but discounted them due to the fact that the play more like a Spanish side. You get more space out of Arsenal than you do at Wigan for example. Granted he was fantastic in Serie A but so was Shevchenko and he couldn't adjust to the English pace. If we got him then I'd expect great things from him but I'd hold a certain amount of reservation.

And you get even less space against Chievo than Wigan!

Torres was better in England than he was in Spain. He even said it's easier to play against English defenses. While Forlan was bad in Man U and great in Spain. It doesn't prove anything.

Somud said:
dannybcity said:
Having seen his style of play I don't know how successful he'd be. I've not seen him alot but he strikes me as a player who likes alot of time and space, the fact he's rarely scored against English teams suggests so anyway.

Why?

His style is a withdrawn support forward, where his passing and vision really shines. The fact that he was the best player in Serie A by some distance for 3 years in a row proves his qualities. Capello loves him. Mourinho loves him. Mancini loves him. These are superb managers, who are no fools.

With Ibra behind Tevez and a new playmaker (Gourcouff?) I can see us scoring 100 goals next season.

Yeah Mouriniho loves him so much he sold him after one season ....

Boff said:
So maybe we'll be playing 4-2-4

Our future forward line....:)

Tevez---------Ade---------Torres----------Ibra

It's like this:

3 midfielders (1 winger)
Ibra - Gourcouff
Tevez

That way we get the necessary creativity and goal scoring needed

Titus Bramble v Ibra.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 am --<br /><br />
bumbles said:
Somud said:
Why?

His style is a withdrawn support forward, where his passing and vision really shines. The fact that he was the best player in Serie A by some distance for 3 years in a row proves his qualities. Capello loves him. Mourinho loves him. Mancini loves him. These are superb managers, who are no fools.

For 40 mil + Eto'o...

bumbles said:
Somud said:
Why?

Mourinho: Ibrahimovic is better than Ronaldo

Inter Milan will not face Manchester United until the end of February but coach Jose Mourinho has already declared his striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is better than Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.

The former Chelsea boss believes his fellow Portuguese Ronaldo "is certainly not the best'' player in the world, instead claiming Sweden striker Ibrahimovic deserves the accolade after hitting 10 goals in Serie A this season.

Mourinho's comments are sure to fan the flames ahead of Inter's clash with United in the last 16 of the Champions League, which kicks off with the first leg at the San Siro on February 22.

"When I think how a player should be, names like Kaka, Ibrahimovic and (Lionel) Messi come to mind,'' Mourinho said.

"Messi is great and in two or three years' time he will win the Golden Ball (Ballon d'Or) award.''
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=604536&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 36&cc=5739</a>

Got a bad feeling that Ibra would be our "Berbaflop" if we got him.

On the other hand, Mancini has worked with him before and would know if he can hack it in the prem. In Mancini we trust.

The jury is still out on Ibra which says a lot considering he´s turning 29 this year. I think Johan Cryuff said it best: "He has great skills for being such a poor player."

Overrated, old(ish), ridiculously expensive and thinking he is Gods gift to football. No thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.