Iconic moments at The Etihad

Apologies if this belongs in some other thread on the subject if the ground (please move, if so) but here goes... it struck me while reading through the thrwad deating the Villa comeback v the Aguero goal just how much of an iconic ground the Etihad has become.
Not just Aguerooo and the Villa game but add in Kompany's goal v Leicester and his header v United, Adabeyour's crazy celebration, the Poznan nd even Keane doing Alfie Haaland (sorry more notorious than iconic but it remains vivid in the memory)... maybe I am biased but it's hard to think of any other ground that has had so many univerally iconic moments in the last 20 years (and I mean universally iconic - not just significant to us).
I loved Maine Road. The Etihad will never be the same but fuck me, it's turning out to be special in it's own way.
PS: to think some nutjobs say Etihad overpaid, eh?.
Haaland/Keane was at Old Trafford in April 2001 mate. The Etihad hadn’t even finished being built then haha.

My iconic Etihad moments would be:
Agüeroooooo!
The entire five minutes against Villa
Kompany v Leicester
Kompany v United
Adebayor celebration
Yaya v Villa
Sterling’s disallowed goal against Spurs
Crouch’s goal against us to secure CL for Spurs and in the same breath his own goal against us in reverse fortunes in the same circumstances a year later to secure CL football for us for the first time.
Elano’s free kick
The 7-2 against Stoke was the best performance I’ve ever seen from us

Few saying Spurs CL game and I quite like the fact that even though we lost and that was real pain when the VAR decision came though, but yep if you were there that’s a game you will never forget and the atmosphere was electric

Haaland/Keane was at Old Trafford in April 2001 mate. The Etihad hadn’t even finished being built then haha.

My iconic Etihad moments would be:
Agüeroooooo!
The entire five minutes against Villa
Kompany v Leicester
Kompany v United
Adebayor celebration
Yaya v Villa
Sterling’s disallowed goal against Spurs
Crouch’s goal against us to secure CL for Spurs and in the same breath his own goal against us in reverse fortunes in the same circumstances a year later to secure CL football for us for the first time.
Elano’s free kick
The 7-2 against Stoke was the best performance I’ve ever seen from us
Great list, but you can’t leave the Liverpool game in January 2019 off any list. It was an incredible night. The Monaco home fixture is worth a shout too. As was the 3-2 loss to united in 2018, given the way the game played out and what was at stake.

Great list, but you can’t leave the Liverpool game in January 2019 off any list. It was an incredible night. The Monaco home fixture is worth a shout too. As was the 3-2 loss to united in 2018, given the way the game played out and what was at stake.
The 3-2 loss to United in the FA Cup in 2012 was also memorable. Coming back from 3-0 and battering them in the second half without quite managing an equaliser made it a defeat which didn’t feel as bad as it would normally. Everyone including them walked away from that match knowing we weren’t bottlers.

The 3-2 loss to United in the FA Cup in 2012 was also memorable. Coming back from 3-0 and battering them in the second half without quite managing an equaliser made it a defeat which didn’t feel as bad as it would normally. Everyone including them walked away from that match knowing we weren’t bottlers.
Fucking pissed it down that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.