Iconic moments at The Etihad

How about Danny Mills absolute belter against Everton. A bit like Alan bloody Kernaghan scoring that absolute beauty (against Leicester?) at Maine Road that time. A truly shit player doing something incredibly 'unshit' !
Great goal in a fixture that was on a Sunday morning if I remember rightly, but some gimp before called me a Liverpool fan. Absolute rocket, wouldn’t say iconic but a good goal non the less. That wanchope goal for me was the first iconic moment, heading for relegation until he got that on his comeback from injury. United aside that season easily the best atmosphere at coms at the time

The 3-2 loss to United in the FA Cup in 2012 was also memorable. Coming back from 3-0 and battering them in the second half without quite managing an equaliser made it a defeat which didn’t feel as bad as it would normally. Everyone including them walked away from that match knowing we weren’t bottlers.
“That’s how you play
“With 10 men”
Sergio was absolutely sensational in that second half, terrorised them on his own

“That’s how you play
“With 10 men”
Sergio was absolutely sensational in that second half, terrorised them on his own
I think we all were thinking of the Tottenham away game from 2004 as that match went on. Both with 10 men in the second half but the Tottenham game was one of the greatest ever comebacks, but it wasn’t to be that day in January 2012. Nearly but not quite.

I think we all were thinking of the Tottenham away game from 2004 as that match went on. Both with 10 men in the second half but the Tottenham game was one of the greatest ever comebacks, but it wasn’t to be that day in January 2012. Nearly but not quite.
One of Aguero's greatest ever performances for us.
Such a shame Micah's attempted bicycle kick near the end of the game didn't come off. That would have been beautiful for all sorts of reasons.

I bet we couldn't come up with as many moments in the last 20 years at Maine Road. The ones that spring to mind are the demolition derby, Pleat's 1983 jig, Kinkladze's goal v Southampton, 5-1 against Charlton 1985, Huddersfield 10-1. I'm sure there's plenty more but probably not as iconic as those already mentioned. Most promotions that I remember were achieved away from Maine Road.
Probably need to go back to the 20 years before that for some of the real big ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.