If City and the rags were to merge...

MCFC BOB said:
Yes.

Hart
Richards - Kompany - Vidic - Clichy
Valencia - Yaya - Carrick - Silva
Rooney - Aguero

De Gea; Smalling, Lescott, Barry, Nasri, Tevez, Van Persie.
I don't think I could, but I'll put my team down purely cause I'm bored lol

_______________Hart_______________
Richards___Kompany__Vidic___Clichy
___________Yaya____Barry_________
_______Silva___Agüero____Tévez____
____________Van Persie_____________

Bench:

De Gae, Lescott, Zabaleta, Carrick, Nasri, Kagawa/Valencia, Rooney

Goater's Nipple said:
If the team name was 'Manchester City', our shirts were blue and played at the Etihad stadium, then I think I'd be all for it.

Oh, as long as we got them to throw in Phil Jones. We would be complete then.
I'd want Jones and Cleverly!

bluecityboy said:
I was reading the MUEN article about the proposed merger in the 60s and it got me thinking. If City and the rags were to merge against our wishes, would you continue supporting the club? Forgive my ignorance but is there modern example of anything similar ever happening?

The only one I can think of would be Inverness Caledonian merging with Caledonian Thistle, not sure what it is like now, but about 10 years ago I was in Inverness skiing in Aviemore (nightlife better in Inverness so stayed there and minibus to the slopes), and went to a game against Partick in the quarter final of the Scottish cup, if someone shouted come on Caley, a reply would arrive come on Thistle, based on the previous club that fan supported.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.