If Colin Is The King...

A A

Anonymous

...is Silva God?

I just missed out on seeing Colin plying his trade. My dad raves about him and of course I've seen footage of him in his pomp. Clearly a wonderfully gifted player and a true, City legend.

However has he now been trumped by Silva as City's best player ever?

Not yet for me. Merlin needs to win a few more things with us before he eclipses Colin Bell but there is no doubting his quality and genius.

BTW - Colin Bell's testimonial was my first ever City game.

Stockton Heath Blue said:
Not yet for me. Merlin needs to win a few more things with us before he eclipses Colin Bell but there is no doubting his quality and genius.

CB's testimonial,I'm 47 ,if im correct ,his testimonial was manchester v liverpool - city -rags versus liverpool- everton right ? still had the programme for that game somewhere

blue44 said:
Stockton Heath Blue said:

CB's testimonial,I'm 47 ,if im correct ,his testimonial was manchester v liverpool - city -rags versus liverpool- everton right ? still had the programme for that game somewhere

Could be worth a few bob when Colin goes to meet his maker.

both world class players , but colin bell would have been good enough to, play in the modern game , were as david silva would have been kicked off the park in the 60's and 70's , buy the likes of tommy smith,norman hunter,ron harris . So Colin Bell will always be the best player ever to pull on a blue shirt.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
both world class players , but colin bell would have been good enough to, play in the modern game , were as david silva would have been kicked off the park in the 60's and 70's , buy the likes of tommy smith,norman hunter,ron harris . So Colin Bell will always be the best player ever to pull on a blue shirt.

Not sure about that.

strongbowholic said:
...is Silva God?

I just missed out on seeing Colin plying his trade. My dad raves about him and of course I've seen footage of him in his pomp. Clearly a wonderfully gifted player and a true, City legend.

However has he now been trumped by Silva as City's best player ever?

Nobody trumps King Colin. Silva has a wonderful opportunity to join him in the pantheon of MCFC legends. He will have to stay at The Etihad until he is the other side of thirty. If he departs for slightly sunnier climes before then, he just wouldn't get in!<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:41 pm --<br /><br />
45 years of gloryhunting said:

Yeah, ask Mike Summerbee about these cloggers.

Colin will always be King.

That day against Newcastle (77) when he came on as sub. First touch, a header, just over the bar. The noise............never heard anything like it at Maine Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.