If Colin Is The King...

How much would Colin be worth in today's market?

Im too young to have been lucky enough to se the king in action but all the videos etc show how good the guy was.

Silva is brilliant and will only get better!

Everyone has their favourite players, but Colin is still mine.

Put his name into youtube and see the goals he scored for city and england.

Two faves of mine: -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FfdgaBomk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX6On2ykgQI[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 am --<br /><br />
SuperKevinHorlock91 said:
How much would Colin be worth in today's market?

Im too young to have been lucky enough to se the king in action but all the videos etc show how good the guy was.

Silva is brilliant and will only get better!

They're both super players but its a theoretical comparison.

loui_mcfc said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
both world class players , but colin bell would have been good enough to, play in the modern game , were as david silva would have been kicked off the park in the 60's and 70's , buy the likes of tommy smith,norman hunter,ron harris . So Colin Bell will always be the best player ever to pull on a blue shirt.

Not sure about that.

Explain mate why your not sure, its all about opinions been watchin city since 66 and Bell for me is and always will be the king.

Colin Bell defo the best City player ever.

If David Silva can still do the business for over the next 5 or 6 years then maybe, and only maybe he can be compared to King Colin.

Mr Blue Sky said:
loui_mcfc said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
both world class players , but colin bell would have been good enough to, play in the modern game , were as david silva would have been kicked off the park in the 60's and 70's , buy the likes of tommy smith,norman hunter,ron harris . So Colin Bell will always be the best player ever to pull on a blue shirt.

Not sure about that.

Explain mate why your not sure, its all about opinions been watchin city since 66 and Bell for me is and always will be the king.

It's emotions when it comes to Colin Bell and also we remember when Buchan killed his career :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGNgS-DPJcY[/youtube]

The King could have played any position on the pitch - from full-back to centre-forward - and frequently did.

Merlin is a magician with the ball at his feet, but he does not have the all-round game that Nijinsky did.

Therefore, I feel Colin is still the greatest City player.

However, I never saw Meredith, Doherty, Swift, Trautmann, etc, play, so I can't comment on them.

Too early to compare them yet - Colin did it for 8 or 9 years with City. I saw his League debut (playing for Bury at Maine Rd) as a lanky 17-yr-old, and he looked class. We never replaced him fully after he was chopped down by Buchan in 1975. He had a terrific engine, which would have suited him perfectly for the modern 100mph game, and he could finish.
What that great video of City's top ten goals from the 1970s also shows is what a talented player Peter Barnes was - a tragedy that his career plummeted after leaving City amid the damage done by Allison at the end of that decade, for which I will never forgive him and which was the start of our decline. The clip of Tueart's overhead kick also shows something often ignored - the cross that Tommy Booth headed down to Tueart was put in by Donachie with his LEFT foot, despite his being naturally right-footed. So many players now perform contortions to play the ball with their one foot.
Silva is a class act, as we all know, so let's hope he stays with us and does the business for us.

I think we're being unkind to Merlin.

A fairer comparison would be between Yaya and Colin but it just isn't fair to compare anyone with him.

The current squad is the best we've had since 1977.

I'm grateful that I saw him at Maine Road for five years and no one will take his place in my heart.

Big Swifty said:
Too early to compare them yet - Colin did it for 8 or 9 years with City. I saw his League debut (playing for Bury at Maine Rd) as a lanky 17-yr-old, and he looked class. We never replaced him fully after he was chopped down by Buchan in 1975. He had a terrific engine, which would have suited him perfectly for the modern 100mph game, and he could finish.
What that great video of City's top ten goals from the 1970s also shows is what a talented player Peter Barnes was - a tragedy that his career plummeted after leaving City amid the damage done by Allison at the end of that decade, for which I will never forgive him and which was the start of our decline. The clip of Tueart's overhead kick also shows something often ignored - the cross that Tommy Booth headed down to Tueart was put in by Donachie with his LEFT foot, despite his being naturally right-footed. So many players now perform contortions to play the ball with their one foot.
Silva is a class act, as we all know, so let's hope he stays with us and does the business for us.

Players who can use either foot are a *very rare breed*. Preston and *cough cough* United have apparently had two of the very best - Tom Finney and Duncan Edwards. I never saw either of them play.

I wouldn't be so unkind on Malcolm. Managers are different from Coaches and Malcolm was a coaching genius. It was swales' fault for removing Tony Book and recruiting Malcolm into a management role. That was a disaster and I never understood why he did it even at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.