If it was up to you would you ban the Sun newspaper from the Etihad?

Neville Chamberlain and Adolf Hitler had a business agreement, 3 months later we had a World war on the go.
Any business agreement they may have, does not mean the two sides, like, trust or respect each other; they are ideologically poles apart.

Perhaps Mansour has given Rupert a £168,000. Watch

Ha ha. Yes the two situations are identical. Thanks for putting me right.

Yes you go typically go into a business parnership with your enemy. Maybe the Sheik does not consider Sky an enemy or a racist broadcaster determined to undermine Manchester City and discredit his investment?
Or maybe he just doesn't want anyone else with access to controlling the media in that part of the world. The channel will happen with or without Mansour.... better to be in it than out

No need to be so rude and Grow up. I buy it every day. (Cue abuse) but it is the most read paper in the country 9 million a month buy it and 24 million more read it on line. There is clearly a reason for that.

It’s a very good easy quick read in a good colourful format and does not take itself too seriously. It’s sports pages on the football are also excellent.

I am in agreement sterling has been disgracefully treated. Not sure it is just the sun though.
I would rather be a rag than buy that rag!

We could also pick and choose those journalists who we think are fair, they don’t have to be biased to us just fair, and give them some ‘inside’ information occasionally. Let the scum figure out why they aren’t getting it.

A reception committee for certain reporters consisting of a run the gauntlet from Asda to the main entrance during every home game

Apparently the Sun's football correspondent who reports on City is a thoroughly decent and fair journalist
All the Sterling stuff comes from the bottom of the barrel scumbags

Or maybe he just doesn't want anyone else with access to controlling the media in that part of the world. The channel will happen with or without Mansour.... better to be in it than out

Nope. Abu Dhabi wanted to combat Al Jazeera and even Qatar ownership of BeIn with a counter voice in the region.

News Corp were the perfect bedfellows for the platform.

Some blues do make me laugh, they really do (nothing personal against you mate)

Less than six months ago our owner was laughing and joking sat next to Donald Trump at a conference in the region.

Perhaps many should leave their own political bias to one side when it comes to discussing the merits of The Sun and the tabloids in general?

They all contribute to the great melting pot in this country, especially when you factor most journos in this country have probably worked at both tabloid and broadsheet level.

Fact is, the Guardian is in the toilet financially and sells less than 300k a day.

The Sun engages the masses and some of the snobbery towards it and other tabloids is systematic of also why we got Brexit and consecutive Conservative governments.

Those who look down their noses sometimes don't see what everyday life actually reflects.

Re attacking a Sun sports reporter. Martin Blackburn has the ear of our club and is a thoroughly decent person.

Custis might be an oaf with some of his comments but even his daughter is a blue and he takes her to watch us.

Nope. Abu Dhabi wanted to combat Al Jazeera and even Qatar ownership of BeIn with a counter voice in the region.

Less than six months ago our owner was laughing and joking sat next to Donald Trump at a conference in the region.

Perhaps many should leave their own political bias to one side when it comes to discussing the merits of The Sun and the tabloids in general?

They all contribute to the great melting pot in this country, especially when you factor most journos in this country have probably worked at both tabloid and broadsheet level.

Fact is, the Guardian is in the toilet financially and sells less than 300k a day.

The Sun engages the masses and some of the snobbery towards it and other tabloids is systematic of also why we got Brexit and consecutive Conservative governments.

Those who look down their noses sometimes don't see what everyday life actually reflects.

Re attacking a Sun sports reporter. Martin Blackburn has the ear of our club and is a thoroughly decent person.

Custis might be an oaf with some of his comments but even his daughter is a blue and he takes her to watch us.

A great post

Just as some villages are suffering an idiot-shortage, it seems that "woodwork" is seeing a "coming-out" event of surprising proportions". I am old enough to remember when "Fleet Street" was a national asset, not perfect by any means, but light-years above the sewer that murdoch has full responsibility for creating. By leading the race to the gutter, dragging the rest with him, the harm to the industry and thereby the public, cannot be exaggerated. Out-right lies, out-right omissions, criminal acts, immoral and despicable behaviour as a mission statement, are the stock-in-trade of all murdoch businesses. Fucking hell, any of the numerous scandalous incidents since the rise of the "evil empire" should have seen him locked up, or at least deported. Compared to the serious harm done to the country, football matters are trivial ( except on a football forum obs.)
The treatment of Raz compared to the malicious lies perpetuated over Hillsborough is just one of many examples . Politicians are terrified of him, judges and coroners and police chiefs are firmly in his pocket, the FA as well as eufa dance to his tune. I would be amazed, but eternally grateful if HRH Mansour was to say enough is enough, fuck you murdoch and your poisonous minions, you're banned sine die........

5 billionaires represent the melting pot of our Country ?
You'll be telling me there is freedom of the press in Abu Dhabi next.
Await, the Sun engaging the masses tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.