If it was up to you would you ban the Sun newspaper from the Etihad?

I think they stopped serving fish and chips in newspaper in the early 70s. More seriously, I haven't bought The Sun since the 70s for two reasons 1. It became a rabid Tory supporting pile of you know what; 2. I've always preferred the Daily Mirror's superior football coverage and it was, and still is, a Labour paper.

I've never taken The Sun seriously - it's a comic with comedians for journalists. But they have form - look at the libel cases they've lost.
But you read the mirror ?

I think we should. I agreed with the clubs stance about trying to rise above it and be courteous but it isn't working. The reporting on Raheem has been a disgrace for a long time but while the gun stuff today was terrible to then add his name to the section about the poor teenagers who were stabbed is vile. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes or if I have missed it but I feel the club should have released a statement of support. The F.A. and Southgate have backed him but nothing from City.

But you read the mirror ?
I haven't bought any newspapers for over ten years - don't get my news from bits of paper. But when I did it was The Mirror. When Harry Harris was chief football correspondent and The Mirror was the only paper to run reports of late finishing evening games the next day, it was certainly the best.

The problem with the Sun is that there is decent people working there. Poor Martin Blackburn must be fuming everytime they release a story like this morning. He's clearly got an ear in the club and they use him to release info on transfers.

Anyway, let's not let the other papers get off scot free here. The Star and the Mirror have been no better. The Star have got away with murder in my opinion and are easily as bad as the Sun, if not worse

There isn’t what you could call a decent newspaper anywhere to be found these days. Journalism is in the gutter in this day and age and has been for some time sadly. I personally haven’t bought a newspaper for about thirty years or more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.