If Liverpool or United achieved the same results, there would be no debate

Everyone knows this is the best team in English football history bar none, they won't say it though, quite frankly I couldn't give a fuck what they think or say... Watching City win the league has been one of the highlights of my life .... Can't wait for next season ..
The media know we're the greatest, but just cannot bring themselves to say so publicly.

The thing that gauls me more than anything is we get compared to The Invincibles, and some idiots, like Merson, claim their record is more impressive.

So, most points, most wins, most goals, biggest goal difference, biggest winning margin, 100 points, are all together less impressive than least losses.

But then even if someone points this out, it's "Oh well, to be a truly great side, you've got to win it multiple times". Seen as Arsenal won is 3 times in 7 years, I assume they are not part of this debate?

It's just ridiculous. If it's over one season, Arsenal are better. But when it's proved over one season we're better, one season suddenly doesn't count and you have to win it back to back.

If United or Liverpool had just achieved what we had, it would be on the front page of every newspaper. We're lucky to get a mention in the results section.

Yep. We have exactly the same record as that Arsenal team - 3 titles in 7 seasons. So that part of the argument is irrelevant.

I don't see how an argument can be made for Arsenal...

If both the invincible and centurion seasons happened in the same season, who would be credited as being the best team? Or who would be credited as having the most impressive season?

This. There really is no comparison, except that Invincibles happened in the past. Title winning teams will struggle to reach 90 points over the next decade and then when we will look back and wonder how on earth we achieved 100 points.

Totally agree with the O.P. , if any of the three media darlings Dippers/Rags/Goons had the season we have just completed they would be lauded as the greatest ever , even The Harry Kane team would have been touted for the best ever , but its City so they cannot bring themselves to tell the truth that is staring them in the face , Manchester City greatest premier league team ever. But are we surprised ? , are we f*ck .

16 away wins 2 draws and 1 defeat is a staggering stat, if the other two had achieved that the country would be subject to a national holiday

The thing is those teams would never be able to achieve what city have done because they are both shite so the media won't be printing those headlines anytime in the near future.

Couldn’t agree more. Ultimately I’m glad our team have done the talking on the pitch. We don’t need to the acclaim. The newspapers will do whatever they can to keep their beloved united and Liverpool relevant. We as City fans just have to enjoy it. 100 points has never been done before and that invincibles side would have come a distant second if it was achieved in the same season as us.

Relax. We will win the league again next year, and once this team wins the Champions League, and they will, very soon, they will be lauded as the best ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.