If Mancini was here, we would be...

6 or 7 points better off I'd like to say FACT but I can't say that for sure. I do however strongly feel we would be 6 or 7 points better off.

... we would not be having our worst start since the takeover. The league was here for the taking this year, but we seem to keep regressing. I'm still prepared to give Pelle plenty of time, but seriously - for a start - he needs to ditch the fucking 4-4-2.

Leaving all the tactical stuff and lineup decisions out of it, just a small observation:

Something about Bob getting up and va fangul-ing the ref and the players in glorious Italian irritation for the entire second half today would've made me feel better than Pellegrini scrunched down in his seat looking like a sad furbie.

I still understand why Bob had to go and all that.. I just..

There was nobody like Mancini on the sideline. He would take not one bit of shit from anyone. Losing was not acceptable to him. It happened sometimes, but one got the feeling that he was going to smash a few tea cups and say some horrific things once he'd gone down the tunnel. He would choke the shit out of his own players before he would ever give the outward impression that allowing a bad goal or losing a winnable match was acceptable to him.

And I liked that.

green pennies said:
Leaving all the tactical stuff and lineup decisions out of it, just a small observation:

Something about Bob getting up and va fangul-ing the ref and the players in glorious Italian irritation for the entire second half today would've made me feel better than Pellegrini scrunched down in his seat looking like a sad furbie.

There was nobody like Mancini on the sideline. He would take not one bit of shit from anyone. Losing was not acceptable to him. It happened sometimes, but one got the feeling that he was going to smash a few tea cups and say some horrific things once he'd gone down the tunnel. He would choke the shit out of his own players before he would ever give the outward impression that allowing a bad goal or losing a winnable match was acceptable to him.

And I liked that.

A bit like Paolo Di Canio

strongbowholic said:
If Mancini was here, we would be….

Losing at Sunderland.

Arguing amongst ourselves.

Starting pointless threads.

:))
Made me laugh, well done.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am --<br /><br />£20 pound better off as we would have not needed the Grazie fund!

maybe mancini was correct , he doubted hart and was right , he criticised kompany for his injury record he was right , he wanted tevez out of the club he was right , he also thought last seasons signings werent good enough , garcia,rodwell,sinclair,maicon he was right . We might have had the unhappiest squad in the land , but we would be winning trophies with mancini , shame on our club for letting player power take control of our management selection.

Ray78 said:
green pennies said:

And I liked that.

A bit like Paolo Di Canio

Ha! It's funny you mention that, because the thought of him crossed my mind as I typed my post.

As I stated, my comment had more to do with my personal preference than with any comment on how touchline demeanor translates into managerial ability.

That said, though their passion bleeds through in the same way at times, Paolo Di Canio and Roberto Mancini are miles apart in class (though I gather similar in the way that they angered and sometimes alienated their players, so perhaps your point is fair!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.