If Robinho ever played for us again....

Freestyler said:
citymad said:
especially a world class player like Robinho. Can't fans see he's the type of player that needs to be adored and loved.

we did that for over 16 months, don't think it was enough.
You might have, most became distinctly lukewarm after a few months struggling away from home and swallowed the pundits view of this player as a lazy mercenary. They never accepted Robinho at Man City and kept up a constant diatribe which most blues eventually adopted

Maybe they were right. I think he can be succesful in the Premiership, but it is open to doubt

fuck me, so as a set of fans we dont boo our own players? its what other teams do? what absolute nonsense!!

as a set of fans we have a hideous, revolting habit of booing our own players. too many to mention.

so yes of course he would get booed, cos thats what we do!!

marcus said:
fuck me, so as a set of fans we dont boo our own players? its what other teams do? what absolute nonsense!!

as a set of fans we have a hideous, revolting habit of booing our own players. too many to mention.

so yes of course he would get booed, cos thats what we do!!

time for narrow-minded fans like yourself to grow up then, no wonder we never won anything if you can boo the most skillful player we have because you expect the earth, moon and sun every week.

Marvin said:
Freestyler said:
we did that for over 16 months, don't think it was enough.
You might have, most became distinctly lukewarm after a few months struggling away from home and swallowed the pundits view of this player as a lazy mercenary. They never accepted Robinho at Man City and kept up a constant diatribe which most blues eventually adopted

Maybe they were right. I think he can be succesful in the Premiership, but it is open to doubt

The actual 'diatribe' came when he started spouting in the press about pastures new, fucking off when he felt like it and making a mockery of 'us' the fans. Did you attend the Chelsea game on his debut? No player in our recent history has been afforded such a welcome, i remember the goose bumps. Now that signing was essential however as it grounded our owners perception of how fast we could get where we needed to go...... build the foundations and the interior decorating will look after itself....... the lads an idiot in that his 'footballing' legacy will be a spec of dust in 20 years time, where it could of been in the mould of the leader of the revolution........... fuck him, though don't be surprised to see him in a city shirt next year.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Marvin said:

The actual 'diatribe' came when he started spouting in the press about pastures new, fucking off when he felt like it and making a mockery of 'us' the fans. Did you attend the Chelsea game on his debut? No player in our recent history has been afforded such a welcome, i remember the goose bumps. Now that signing was essential however as it grounded our owners perception of how fast we could get where we needed to go...... build the foundations and the interior decorating will look after itself....... the lads an idiot in that his 'footballing' legacy will be a spec of dust in 20 years time, where it could of been in the mould of the leader of the revolution........... fuck him, though don't be surprised to see him in a city shirt next year.

Spot on. He'd need to prove himself over a whole season to earn back the respect that has been lost imo.

If he came back I'd forgive him but we shouldn't forget things done and said. I'll only sing/shout for him again if he starts producing, but would never boo. Swear at him maybe, but no booing.

Whats the point, I think it's childish to boo your own players. It's quite well known he plays best when he is enjoying himself or feels loved by the fans. Booing any player/team doesn't make them play better, especially Robinho.

I'm a fan and a supporter of Man city. They are subtly different. Fans may feel its ok to boo letting out their angst and frustration quoting how large a pay packet is. But a supporter will never boo and will rather shout C'MON CITY even when we are 3-0 down. It's well documented that players say how good it is to have good "Support" and a 13th man. Booing will not help the team, even if it is well intended.

I'd like to think with our history we have more supporters than just simply fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.