If the takeover didn't happen in 2008?

Best case scenario - Villa
Big stadium, big legacy name, simultaneously close to Europe but also been relegated and promoted during the same period

Medium case - Everton
Continuing on the habits of buying big names who were at the end of their career (Schmeichel, Anelka, Fowler, McManaman) we would have 100% been panicked into Ancelotti, Benitez, and James Rodriguez type signings and 0 of them would work out

Worst case - Sunderland
Got stuck in the Championship and then for to retain some sort of relevancy we would have even commissioned the City Til I Die documentary as we fell down to League One

Can you imagine if the takeover didn’t happen in 2008?

I wonder where we would be?

It's been 15 wonderful years.
I would still be a chelsea fan -:)

I reckon we would be doing ok. Probably in the mould of a Brighton. Which would have been great also.

I believe Wardle had to step in to pay the wage bill? I think tbh we'd have been dancing with administration like Wigan. And we'd either be in the lower tier or a phoenix club. I'd still be right there supporting us though. Thank fuck for the 1st September 2008 though!

I see Farhad moshiri and usmanov taking interest in yers before Everton lol

Who really knows?? Theres been good owners without the mega money like FSG . Of course I know that lot have spent fortunes as well but still not had financial backing city, Chelsea, psg real Madrid, Bayern and others had

You've scouted lot of talent that didn't need mega money to acquire
200w.gif

Best case scenario - Villa
Big stadium, big legacy name, simultaneously close to Europe but also been relegated and promoted during the same period

Medium case - Everton
Continuing on the habits of buying big names who were at the end of their career (Schmeichel, Anelka, Fowler, McManaman) we would have 100% been panicked into Ancelotti, Benitez, and James Rodriguez type signings and 0 of them would work out

Worst case - Sunderland
Got stuck in the Championship and then for to retain some sort of relevancy we would have even commissioned the City Til I Die documentary as we fell down to League One
Villa 7 titles, Everton 9, Sunderland 6, City 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.