If we don't hear anything today....

dancity19

Not only will I be bitterly disappointed if no more headway is made in regard to transfers, but I will begin to believe the rumor that there are talks behind the scenes regarding Hughes future. All the '7 days into the window' comments are doing my head in...this isn't the summer window, we are the richest club in the world and can't afford to hang around; we have a v important game on sat without SWP and Ireland! A few of the people have said the silence from COMS is deafening, and I am beginning to agree now...surely something is going on? It's just a bit too much that there hasn't really been any concrete evidence reagrding us for the last few days.

buying players is not as simple as walking into a sweet shop

just be patient!

dancity19 said:
Not only will I be bitterly disappointed if no more headway is made in regard to transfers, but I will begin to believe the rumor that there are talks behind the scenes regarding Hughes future. All the '7 days into the window' comments are doing my head in...this isn't the summer window, we are the richest club in the world and can't afford to hang around; we have a v important game on sat without SWP and Ireland! A few of the people have said the silence from COMS is deafening, and I am beginning to agree now...surely something is going on? It's just a bit too much that there hasn't really been any concrete evidence reagrding us for the last few days.

Possibly but from what Hughes has said I think the explaination may be a bit simpler ie; we've made sensible bids like any other club would but clubs know we're minted so the 'sensible' bids were just wasting time. Our negotiators have to realise that it's a seller's market because we're desperate to bring players in & everyone knows it. We're going to have to accept being ripped off in the market even for non 'star' players or not sign anyone.

Neville Kneville said:
dancity19 said:

Possibly but from what Hughes has said I think the explaination may be a bit simpler ie; we've made sensible bids like any other club would but clubs know we're minted so the 'sensible' bids were just wasting time. Our negotiators have to realise that it's a seller's market because we're desperate to bring players in & everyone knows it. We're going to have to accept being ripped off in the market even for non 'star' players or not sign anyone.

True, I agree with you. I think what is annoying most people, and me, is that we have had the best part of 3 months to work all this out and come up with a plan a, b , c and d, and yet we still don't SEEM to be making that much forward movement.

we should just pay whatever is needed now to get these players in. the sooner the better what with our injuries at the minute. we need to get into europe this season if we are to attract the type of players to get us to the very top. once we are at the top then we can afford to pick and choose. what difference is an extra 2-3 million gonna do to our owners?? nothing at all.

I think very little will happen until the last week of the window. From recent years a lot of clubs sit around waiting for eachother to make moves and when it gets to the last week, people start panicking about balancing the books, size of squads etc and it all kicks off.

As for us...i expect a big signing, but i expect it on deadline day.

Lets face it, would we have got Robinho in the middle of the summer even if we had the cash? No - he came because he was desperate and they wouldnt sell to Chelsea. Hopefully we can use the same tactics on Jan 31st.

If we don't sign anyone today I'm going to the stadium to protest and tell Garry Cooke he's a cnut because we haven't spent £30 million on Scott Parker and Craig Bellamy for the pompey game...

it is what the extra few mill can do for our opposition teams.. why give them extra fire power to get better players and more stability to their clubs for the sake of 1 away game to portsmouth??

Get real, 18 games left, enough of them against lower placed opposition at CoMS
team for sat:

Hart

Zab Richards Dunne Bridge

Komp Fernan

Elano Robinho

Stur Big fil

I think we should all go and protest at not having signed anyone in a couple of days by commiting Hara-Kiri at Eastlands. That will show them. Wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.