If we draw Barca in the CL

Addam iz pro said:
We would lose. They are the best team ever, and we unfortunately, are not. I do think we could put up a better fight than the red shite. Maybe a 0-0 draw at home if we're lucky.

This ^

United were the better team last season in the premiership, and rightly won it. BUT I think our style would give us a better chance in the champions league than they had, and in particular playing a team like Barcelona. Honestly, I guess I still think we would lose, but I dont think we would be embarrassed like they were.

I would much rather we played them in a one off game - we would have a chance there. Over two legs I dont think they can be beaten by any team

johnmc said:
You know what i cant get my head around, soon enough we will know

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't say who I think would win, we have in my opinion a style would would break up their natural flow. But I would LOVE to find out :D

At this exact moment? We'd get hammered. It would be a clear embarrassment for the city team. Chelsea and Man city can play the most antagonistic football towards Barcelona. However, chelsea are effectively rebuilding their squad and we are inexperienced europeans.

Barca would probably catch us out with their most clinical approaches. We can find consolation in the fact that our approach would be very uncomfortable for Barcelona and will inevitably (possibly the season after this) result in Barcelona's defeat.

Set pieces and long balls would be the name of the game because aerial and direct play is where Barcelona are continually exposed. I hope for all our sakes that Y. Toure has become as potent in the air as he could be. Mancini would likely go for a lone striker (in Edin Dzeko) with Yaya Toure in a very advanced box to box role. This would mean a direct approach (which is often the only way) can be employed, offering Yaya's pace and technicality behind the midfield combining with Dzeko's soon to be exhibited space finding ability, shooting ability and aerial prowess.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Does anyone think we can beat them?

Personally I think if anyone can it's Bobby

I'd say if anyone can it's Mourinho. He really does have their number. When the ref decides not to rig the game in favour of Barca they can't beat Mourinho.

Balotelli the Bison said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Does anyone think we can beat them?

Personally I think if anyone can it's Bobby

I'd say if anyone can it's Mourinho. He really does have their number. When the ref decides not to rig the game in favour of Barca they can't beat Mourinho.
Agree with the first sentence. However i think Barca have Mourinho's number. Remember the 5-0 to Barca? But if anyone can beat them, it's Mourinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.