If we sign 1 player in Jan, what position would you go for?

We have to strengthen the defence and find a top class Centre half to play with Kompany.

If we can ship out Bridge i'd like a left back as well that can defend against fast right wingers Clichy and Kolorov are excellent going forward but Clichy seems to get wrapped up in his own legs and Kolorov is always 2 yards out of position.

To be perfectly honest we should prioritize cover for Yaya sooner than cover for Lescott. Think about the games we have to play now until the end of the season, no champions league, no world class opposition. We have players who can play CB adequately well considering the amount of posession we are now used to getting, but less chance of holding posession and doing something meaningful with it without Yaya. If we really nail down midfield we really won't need the best defence in the world until being back in the CL again IMO.

ell said:
LongsightM13 said:
We need another experienced center half. Kolo will be gone and Savic needs more experience.
Maybe Alex from Chelsea, has fallen out with AVB and could be available on the cheap?
Out of interest why/what qualities do you think Alex has that are better than Kolo's?

Im not Toures biggest fan but I still think he is decent and much better than Alex
He can head the ball better for one. And definitely packs a more powerful cannon in his leg. Probably as good in the tackle too. But both are old.

I agree a ball playing CD is our number one area, and Vertoghen is it right now for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.