If we sign 1 player in Jan, what position would you go for?

Definately a centre half.

Would love Chiellini, Lucio is a good shout aswell.

Someone with bags of experience, not afraid to kick an opposition forward all over the field when the going gets tough.

lionheart said:
DickieH said:
I remember when Thaksin took over, one of the first names we were linked with and apparently came close to signing was Chiellini.. possibility as Juventus aren't exactly a force at the moment?
What on earth are you talking about? Juventus are top of their league. My guess is that we don't sign anybody in the January window.

Ah, fair enough.. I was commenting on the last few years cos they did finish 7th last year.. maybe their just having a good patch.. still like the look of chiellini though, even if they are doing well

LawsBackHeel said:
I would be happy with Chivu can play LB, CB or DM so good cover in several areas.

I really do think we should bve looking at a couple of players who are out of contract in the summer and getting pre cotnracts sorted in Jan but I would like to see Chivu sign in Jan I think we could get him for a 4-5 million as his agent has already said he is going to leave.
yes but I refuse to desire any player who wears silly hats whilst on the pitch

A CB who can play FB if necessary...

What about that Boateng chap ?

Not criticising either player individually but does anyone else agree with me that, as a pair, Kompany & Lescot are nowhere near as solid as they were last season..... particularly when defending crosses - i.e. Norwich, QPR, Chelsea on Monday night - and I've no idea why tbh..... Maybe it's because NDJ isn't playing regularly, this term, and they aren't being afforded the same amount of protection as they were last season.

A big physical presence like Samba would improve us tremendously, come January, imo

Re: Re: If we sign 1 player in Jan, what position would you go f

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
A big physical presence like Samba would improve us tremendously, come January, imo
This. Samba would be perfect but I'd feel kind of bad wrestling him out of poor desperate Blackburns hands.

If Kolo goes a CB
When Tevez goes a back up CF

Apart from this then I am more than happy with our squad and want the likes of Suarez and Rekik to make the push for first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.