If we sign 1 player in Jan, what position would you go for?

Mark - TheBlue said:
I'd go for Rodwell only 20 good with the ball and great at tackling and bag fulls of energy Evertons most accurate passer and a great replacement for Barry. If Kompany gets injured I have faith in Toure Lescott and Savic. If we get 20 for Tevez take Rodwell.

I think Rodwell has great potential too, he is hyped up like most English kids but actually has the ability to become something special if he avoids injuries. He was excellent in the game against us earlier this season and kept Silva reasonably quiet. The problem is though you can look abroad and find a similar calibre of player for as much as half the price, so you're paying for homegrown as much as anything.

Supposing we did go for Rodwell, we could possibly dangle Onuoha who Gollum really wanted in summer.

kippax boy said:
Centre half I am worried about Kompany getting injured and also not convinced by Kolo I also find it strange that Toure has been picked over Lescott a couple of times recently. I think Lescott is ok but struggles with the ball at his feet so for me VERMAELEN strong left footed Belgian like Kompany and a goal threat also someone who Attacks the ball like Mick McCarthy used to .Also would piss off Wenger . Get Kompany to tap him up
In other words, you want Vertonghen!

LoveCity said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
I'd go for Rodwell only 20 good with the ball and great at tackling and bag fulls of energy Evertons most accurate passer and a great replacement for Barry. If Kompany gets injured I have faith in Toure Lescott and Savic. If we get 20 for Tevez take Rodwell.

I think Rodwell has great potential too, he is hyped up like most English kids but actually has the ability to become something special if he avoids injuries. He was excellent in the game against us earlier this season and kept Silva reasonably quiet. The problem is though you can look abroad and find a similar calibre of player for as much as half the price, so you're paying for homegrown as much as anything.

Supposing we did go for Rodwell, we could possibly dangle Onuoha who Gollum really wanted in summer.

Well from what I saw of him in the under 21s comp this summer I think we could do better... Javi Martinez is a much better prospect.

Mad 4 It said:
LoveCity said:
Mark - TheBlue said:

Well from what I saw of him in the under 21s comp this summer I think we could do better... Javi Martinez is a much better prospect.

Javi is shit hot but I don't think we can get a foreign player cheap anymore I think who ever we go for we are paying the Man City premium.

Christian Eriksen (Ajax), 19 year old playmaker and the biggest talent of Danish football since the Laudrup brothers. Nice backup for Silva, and, most important of all, rags want him. At least according to today's Norwegian newspapers. And he is bloody good. Seen him in a couple of matches where the Danes absolutely humiliated the Nords (us).

Would have to be a CB for me, if we could somehow get Thiago Silva for Tevez from Milan then our squad would be complete.

Dax777 said:
kippax boy said:
Centre half I am worried about Kompany getting injured and also not convinced by Kolo I also find it strange that Toure has been picked over Lescott a couple of times recently. I think Lescott is ok but struggles with the ball at his feet so for me VERMAELEN strong left footed Belgian like Kompany and a goal threat also someone who Attacks the ball like Mick McCarthy used to .Also would piss off Wenger . Get Kompany to tap him up
In other words, you want Vertonghen!

How good really is vertonghen?(comparing to the likes of vermaelen, agger etc)
I ve seen a few videos. but not able to make out esp. since he plays in a very lesser(defensively) league.

Mark - TheBlue said:
Mad 4 It said:
LoveCity said:

Javi is shit hot but I don't think we can get a foreign player cheap anymore I think who ever we go for we are paying the Man City premium.[/qu

Watched Rodwell play and to tell you the truth, he isn't as good as people make out. Take Shrek for example, Man Utd signed him up quickly because of his talent but for Rodwell it seems like nobody is really sure of him. Hes been around for 3 years and nobody seems certain on him. I believe Reus would be a much better signing as he is a far superior player compared to Jack Rodwell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.