If we sign eto'o could he wear 23?

Pollerz said:
skiddypants said:
Pollerz said:
Would people be against eto'o wearing the 23 shirt with a small RIP under the number if we get him.

I think it would be a nice touch and MVF would most prolly have loved to see where city are now and for sammy eto'o to be a part of it.

Pollerz..

Here is your quote from another thread that gets my back up.

..Ive got a bit of a dilemma here..
Im getting my name on my home shirt this season.. Pollerz... now my bday is on the 23rd and i want 23 on there do i do this as a sign of respect to mvf and for my bday or do i leave it?

Put your name on your shirt with your Birthday then... 23 pollerz.
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Why can you not show a bit of respect!

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME,
Look at me..

At least i will know its you and can avoid you.When you put your shirt on R.I.P ...M.V.F.

NO, NO, NO, Have you got a problem with this city shirt number 23...

R.I.P ...M.V.F.

Im sorry but what is wrong with having my Birthday the 23rd and my name on my shirt?

god forgive.

Put your name on your shirt with your Birthday then... 23 pollerz.
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Why can you not show a bit of respect!

ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME,
Look at me..

At least i will know its you and can avoid you.When you put your shirt on R.I.P ...M.V.F.

Pollerz said:
Would people be against eto'o wearing the 23 shirt with a small RIP under the number if we get him.

I think it would be a nice touch and MVF would most prolly have loved to see where city are now and for sammy eto'o to be a part of it.

Pollerz..

NO.

There are plenty of other numbers to choose from if he comes. #23 will be MVF forever.

I reckon retiring any number is a strange thing to do...

Imagine any team retiring the No 1 in memory of a goalkeeper?

I understand the sentiment and it's not a slight on Marc, my mate worked at the hotel he was living in in Manchester and said he was a great bloke, but there are other more appropriate ways to remember past players even if they do go tragically.

But since the decision's been made then it would be difficult, politically, to justify using it again since all the over-emotional hand-wringers would kick up too much of an indignant fuss!

But if anyone could wear it, then Big Sam's the man!

Perhaps this could be a sticking point in negotiations... Not over the No 23, but over the No 9, since that's what he's synonymous with. But as we all know, the Boj has that and I wouldn't expect him to give it up too easily, if he is staying after all? But if Eto'o does come then he's well down the pecking order and might be vacating it anyway... So this question would then be redundant.

We'll see, but I've had more than a sneaking suspicion, after some ITK info last December which got me "Listed", about Eto'o, so I'm certain we're in with more than an outside shout at getting him, since we've been in the hunt for a long time, so he certainly knows he's wanted at City, which as we've seen with other (actual and potential) signings, is a big factor in a player's decision. That and the huge wads of cash obviously!

Here you go,

516-ETO_46976a.jpg

no chance. it would be so disrespectful to Foe. I don't care how good Eto'o is or whether he comes from Cameroon, the number was retired for a reason

I find the retirement strange.
He was not a City legend, although death seems to have turned him into one.
A player on loan for one year, probably leaving the club.
I loved MVF, it's a hard subject to talk about without disrespecting him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.