If we signed Toure + Lescott what would be your back 4?

Zabaleta...Onuoha...Toure...Lescott (Bridge for bottom half teams)

Richards has a LOT to prove this season, he's too top heavy for me these days and seems to pull up every other game. Zabaleta had a better season as right back, and also in DM position so he gets the nod for me.

The thing is, if these two signings come off, we have flexibility at the back finally. If Bridge is having a mare, Lescott can move there if Hughes plays him as CB and Toure/Kompany/Dunne can slot in the centre.

It's all about having options after having a forever depleting squad from the Keegan era up to Pearce, and we felt the effects of that through the Sven campaign.

According to the papers Ned would be heading the other way in a Lescott deal. Hopefully that's all bollocks though.

Ned......Toure..... Lescott...... Bridge

Dunney and Richards as back up

I don't believe Lescott would come to play left back, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article5537259.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 537259.ece</a>

I’ve always wanted to be a centre-half and always believed I’m a centre-half, so if I keep playing consistently I’m sure I’ll stay there,” he says. “I’d like to think I’ve tried my hardest when I’ve played. I’m not going to kick and scream about not playing centre-half but the gaffer knows how I feel about the situation and fortunately for me he feels the same, so now there are no complaints.

“My way into the England squads would be as a centre-half, so I want to play there consistently. I think my physique makes me better suited to the role. Playing in another position has helped me but there was a time towards the end of last season when people were looking at me not as a centre-half playing left-back but as a left-back, which was a bit uncomfortable.”

I would give Micah a chance to prove last season was a blip, and Bridge has looked better in pre-season, so Richards, Toure, Lescott, Bridge and plenty of top class cover.

masterwig said:
According to the papers Ned would be heading the other way in a Lescott deal. Hopefully that's all bollocks though.

Id be ok if Richards went as part of the deal though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.