If we were to have one Scottish player... Who would it be?

from the past, jimmy johnson, one of the best examples of an unsung hero. probably celtics greatest ever player which is saying something over the years.

todays scottish players, darren fletcher even if he is a gormless ****. aiden mcgeady on his day could play for a top 10 club in the PL but he's got a bigger ego than our Micah.

steven fletcher with a good midfield behind him would score a good few, good finisher.

I can't think of a single Scot who could play for us, which, when you think back, is a sad state of affairs for Scottish football.

I'm not at all bothered about Scottish football, but I wonder why they can't produce the great players anymore.

Celtic won the European Cup with a team of players that all grew up within a few miles of each other, and Liverpool dominated European football in the 70's with a spine of world class Scots playing in the team, and where has that ability to nurture talent gone?

It's a mystery to me.

blue jim said:
Sfa incompetence.

There has to be more to it than that, surely?

Are the clubs not scouting enough, are the SFA losing too many players to other sports?

A country that loves it's football so much must be doing something wrong it can't produce world class players anymore. I'm not saying England is the be all and end all of it, but Scotland has fallen off the map, and there must be a deeper reason than saying it's the fault of the SFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.