If we're going to lose our title ...

We need to be determined and win every game. If and it can happen Utd slip up we want to be in a position to take the initiative. Situations change with initiative you see it in many matches and it can happen in the league. We need to be there when it does.

AgüeroKun said:
If we're going to lose it, then we'll at least, hopefully, beat the rags at the swamp. It'll be a moral victory. Quite sad that we're not closer to them, if not on top. I thought that we had stopped being in the shadow of the rags, but it looks like if we're going to finally dominate them and make them be in our shadow we're going to have to wait a year or 2.
gonna take more than a year or two to put them in our shadow mate. weve had one good season in 40 years

Good time to let us pick up form without any pressure, as well as probably introducing some youngsters into the fold.

Only thing that bothers me is that we made it so easy for the Rags.

If we are going to retain the title i feel we need to be 6 points behind the scum going into the derby. That means making up 6 points on them in the next 5 games. After the derby we have by far the easiest run in. Is it possible??????????<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:04 pm --<br /><br />If we are going to retain the title i feel we need to be 6 points behind the scum going into the derby. That means making up 6 points on them in the next 5 games. After the derby we have by far the easiest run in. Is it possible??????????

brocky32 said:
If we are going to retain the title i feel we need to be 6 points behind the scum going into the derby. That means making up 6 points on them in the next 5 games. After the derby we have by far the easiest run in. Is it possible??????????

-- Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:04 pm --

If we are going to retain the title i feel we need to be 6 points behind the scum going into the derby. That means making up 6 points on them in the next 5 games. After the derby we have by far the easiest run in. Is it possible??????????
No.

No.

I want to push it all the way, even if it became mathematically impossible.

Remember the FA Cup derby at the Etihad last season? At half time we were 3 down! Even though we lost 2-3 I felt like we'd won the game.

'If' we don't win the league, I'd like to at least have that FA Cup feeling at the end of the season - that we almost had our pants pulled down but gave it everything until the end!

As an answer to the OP..

Maybe losing it early. In coming weeks we'll see who of our players are willing to perform for the team without the zillion quid bonuses in the end.

Funny because all season anybody who has dared to suggest that something isn't quite right has been immediately slaughtered.

The whole season has been an anti climax, but I guess some of that was inevitable.

However it's important for momentum that we finish the season strongly and in upbeat mood.

woodieMCFC said:
Bluechipblue said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
... would you rather lose it with a few games to go or on the very last day of the season?
Said the exact same thing to a rag at work this morning who greeted me with, " eh, 12 points clear hey". I responded with." You can win 200 titles for all I care, but not one of them will feel the same as May 13th did for us last year". With that he just said, " suppose so, but that will never happen again". As he walked off I just said, "exactly my point". Cue face like a slapped arse.

Quality mate, gonna save that one for a red tw@ at work!

It's not only us that still remember the way we won it.it was every other football supporter in The world that remember the way we won it
All were smiling and cheering at grounds around the UK along with us on that fateful day that we finally got our hands on the premiership
Never in a million years will a win be greeted like that again
That will never be repeated again no matter how many times nited win it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.