If/when we sign Dzeko

Not a bad problem to have in my eyes, rather have too many good than either corradi samaras or vassell! He's probably coming because mancini doesn't understand ballo either!

I could see a potential 4-1-3-2. I'm troubled because I like Dzeko and think he would certainly add to the team with an aerial threat which is currently almost non-existent and getting on the end of the balls coming across the face of goal care of Kolarov. However, I think it would upset the team balance. I think Silva is most effective in a free role as part of a front three. I have a fair degree of faith that Mancini knows what he's doing. His transfers have been good and you can see the logic in them.

Aussie! said:
NewbBlue said:
Can't even fathom our starting lineup. Every time I make one, I realize that I left a crucial player on the bench.

Bolatelli --- Dzeko- ---- Johnson

Silva - Tevez

Yaya --- De JonG

Kolarov ---- Kompany ---- Boateng

Hart

My most attacking formation, dropped lescott, toure, barry and Zab..
Top 3 can stay up there while Silva and Tevez are free to roam up and down the field.

Mouth watering..

Yay, conceding 5 goals per game would surely get us in title contention.

Skashion said:
I could see a potential 4-1-3-2. I'm troubled because I like Dzeko and think he would certainly add to the team with an aerial threat which is currently almost non-existent and getting on the end of the balls coming across the face of goal care of Kolarov. However, I think it would upset the team balance. I think Silva is most effective in a free role as part of a front three. I have a fair degree of faith that Mancini knows what he's doing. His transfers have been good and you can see the logic in them.
So who plays where?

Dax777 said:
Skashion said:
So who plays where?

Zab/Boateng on the right. Kolarov on the left. Kompany and Kolo.

De Jong as def mid.

Silva on the right, Balo on the left, Yaya through the centre.

Dzeko and Tevez as a front two.

Aussie! said:
NewbBlue said:
Can't even fathom our starting lineup. Every time I make one, I realize that I left a crucial player on the bench.

Bolatelli --- Dzeko- ---- Johnson

Silva - Tevez

Yaya --- De JonG

Kolarov ---- Kompany ---- Boateng

Hart

My most attacking formation, dropped lescott, toure, barry and Zab..
Top 3 can stay up there while Silva and Tevez are free to roam up and down the field.

Mouth watering..

that will work on playstation mate.

dw7 said:
Don't see where he'll fit in myself tbh

Europa Lg, FA Cup, some starts against weaker teams when Balo or Tevez can have a rest, but overall he'll just be a greater alternative to Jo and Santa Cruz to come from the bench! It would be stupid to split up the best front three in the league Silva-Tevez-Balotelli. All depends on how much Real Madrid/Barcelona bid for Tevez and whether we'd be prepared to sell!

I can't help but get excited by what could happen in the second half of the season. Our squad is arguably the strongest in the league, and we can only improve on that in the transfer window.

I dont think its possible to name your 1st choice XI - all dependent on opponents etc - but if I had to name MY squad for the game against Blackpool on new years day, this would be my line up (to include Dzeko for the point of this thread).

L-R

Hart

Kolarov, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta

De Jong

Johnson, Yaya Toure, Silva

Tevez, Dzeko

Subs: Given, Barry, Boateng, Richards, Balotelli, Toure, Jo.

Then to think there's RSC, Adebayor etc....whatever team you put down on paper, we have an extremely strong squad.

What a season, and potentially it can only get better.

Forza Mancini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.