If you could devise a football rule/law which would have to

Nascent Blues

be applied what would it be?

A rule I would love to introduce would be: if a player makes no attempt to keep the ball from going out of play whilst actively stopping/preventing another player from keeping the ball in play by shielding the ball/obstructing the player who is trying to keep the ball in play, then an indirect free-kick should be given.

It does my head in the way a defender can, ten yards from the by-line, just usher the ball out for a goal-kick.

Dad is that you ?

Mine would be that any player aproaching the referee to debate an issue must do only if summoned by the ref. Any crowding or abuse is an instant yellow.

I think only the keeper should be in his own area on a corner before the ball is kicked.

moomba said:
I think only the keeper should be in his own area on a corner before the ball is kicked.
lol. or do you mean 6 yard box?

mine would be that when a player is substituted in the last 5 mins of a game in order to time waste (from 85mins onwards) they must make an attempt to run or at least jog off. walking is not permitted. if officials see a player walking off slowly then they will assume he is injured, and will therefore suspend the player from playing in a competitive match for 7 days to prevent the injury from being aggravated.

scrap that, walking off is not permitted at any point in a game.

If a player goes down injured and requires treatment on the pitch, when he leaves the field he is not allowed to return for 2 minutes. This would stop players feigning injury to waste time. If it is a genuine injury the 2 minutes can be used for treatment.
Really does my head in when players roll about like they have been shot only to return seconds later and run around like a spring chicken.

Uber Blue said:
be applied what would it be?

A rule I would love to introduce would be: if a player makes no attempt to keep the ball from going out of play whilst actively stopping/preventing another player from keeping the ball in play by shielding the ball/obstructing the player who is trying to keep the ball in play, then an indirect free-kick should be given.

It does my head in the way a defender can, ten yards from the by-line, just usher the ball out for a goal-kick.

That's already a rule, as long as the player shielding the ball is within playing distance of the ball so technically has it under control it's fine, otherwise it's obstruction and will be penalised.

Nice try tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.