If you didn't support City, who would you support?

1.618034 said:
Seems there's a few Town sympathisers amongst us. Great place, great club. A mate's a big fan of theirs and I've been a few times... Saw them beat Birmingham in the FA Cup a couple of years ago.

I went there as well. Chris Brandon winner!

Growing up I liked Inter & Real (after City of course ) but I went to Barcelona & read about how the Catalans were treated so I would have to choose them. Could never support another English team.

Hate to say it but the answer is United.

I'm a local lad, Manchester born and bred. City is my home town team.

If City had never existed then I would have been a united fan. They would have been my home town team.

If City were to suddenly stop existing then I wouldn't support anyone for a few years whilst I mourned the loss of the club I love. If a 'new' MCFC were to be formed I would obviously support them, otherwise maybe Stockport or even a non league team.

Bellingham said:

If City had never existed then I would have been a united fan. They would have been my home town team.

If City were to suddenly stop existing then I wouldn't support anyone for a few years whilst I mourned the loss of the club I love. If a 'new' MCFC were to be formed I would obviously support them, otherwise maybe Stockport or even a non league team.

Exactly this. I am a Manchester lad.

The only difference, I was born into it, didn't have a choice and was afforded good genes.

Celtic, most likely. Most of my family are Celtic fans (Scottish and Irish roots).

Bellingham said:

I couldn't now support another English club; although I have a soft spot for Macc Town as that is where I went to Grammar School and indeed is where the wife is from. We now live in the Thames Valley but I couldn't adopt one of the teams down here (Oxford's ground is a 10 minute drive away): if I could, I wouldn't still be schlepping up the M40 and M6 to Eastlands.

I've been a fan of Barcelona and AC Milan since the 70's so Barca would just become my favourite team if City disappeared because, being a City supporter, Milan have rather hacked me off in last two years. Love those black and red stripes though.

zeven said:
WNRH said:
The majority of people on this thread are liers, if there was no city then i would probably support the rags.

I haven't supported city through choice.
If rags were the only options, i think most of us wouldnt give damn about football to begin with.

i would rather watch big brother

Rubbish! If the rags were the only club in manchester and city never existed you would support united, it's the same for united fans, if the only club was city then they would support us.

If City disappeared tomorrow probably the club I watch the most now – ”Bajen” or Hammarby in Stockholm. I go there more often than I get to City but I don't think of myself as a supporter - I just can't do without going to a game sometimes.

It's a nice little ground with a proper standing section behind one goal. And – you can drink on the terraces. It's football as it should be – leaning on a barrier with a cold lager in your hand, having a bit of banter with the away fans and watching two third rate donkeys knocking lumps out of each other.

If City never existed and United were like they are now, I honestly couldn't see myself being happy as a red, so ”the blues” - Curzon Ashton.

bluejase said:
Being from manchester I'd probably have to support Ma....

...ine road.

Me too! As I seem to spend half my life on Maine Road F.C. business anyway the transition would be less painful than for most. City's home games always come first though. If they didn't exist - God, I would really miss the pub before and after Eastlands and being able to watch City without having to do the match report for the programme!

Next home game (weather permitting) at Brantingham Road on 18th v Barnoldswick (Billy Bradshaw's team?) Only a £5 to get in. It would be good to see any of you there. City colours especially welcome....tough game too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.