If you don't like Oasis, don't open this thread

First time hearing The Masterplan!

One of my all time favourites for sure, and Oasis have enough material to have done a 2nd Masterplan album.

Take out those middle few tracks, Fade Away, Swamp Song, I am the walrus then it’s the best Oasis album for me.

Acquiesce, Talk Tonight, The Masterplan. Unbelievable tracks.

** just realised you’re talking about the song and not the album. Doh! Still. It’s a great Oasis tune, does have a Beatles vibe.
Me too, love the Masterplan, never forget hearing it for the first time.
Here’s my cover of it during lockdown if anyone’s interested. I played bass and guitars and sang vocals. Noel sings so high it’s hard to match. But I think I’ve captured the mood.

The Masterplan Oasis Cover Youtube

Here’s my cover of it during lockdown if anyone’s interested. I played bass and guitars and sang vocals. Noel sings so high it’s hard to match. But I think I’ve captured the mood.

Top that mate :) some great playing there.

Fav tracks are

Listen up
Fade away
Good to be free
Cast no shadow

under rated tracks :

hey now
Rockin chair
Eye ball tickler
Born on a different cloud

wow, impressed with that mate! fair play. never really appreciated the guitar solo in this track before hearing your version.

your voice is a cross between Morrisey and Suede :)

The live version of Fade In Out from the 1997 tour is my favourite track.

As an old fart I was introduced to them after my two sons wanted to see them live. My missus wouldn't let them go so the compromise was I took them.

I must have taken them to see them live 15 times from 1996 to 2008/9. We went to 4 gigs on the "Be Here Now" tour and every gig on the "Shoulders Of Giants" tour.

My mates (all blues) soon realised the opportunity of this. So on the premise of chaperoning
two kids, morphed/turned into lads trips away in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow and Cardiff with two kids in tow.

My missus is still oblivious to it all afterall I was spending quality time with my two sons....lol

What great days they were.

Reactions: OB1
wow, impressed with that mate! fair play. never really appreciated the guitar solo in this track before hearing your version.

your voice is a cross between Morrisey and Suede :)
Thanks bluehammer, I wasn’t exactly sure of the solo on taking up the task. The reverse delay in it makes it especially tricky to get right. Do you play yourself? A cross between
Morrisey and Suede, I’ll take that as I’ve been called worse haha. But if I do sound like them it’s unintentional. Thanks man appreciate ya taking the time to watch and reply

Thanks bluehammer, I wasn’t exactly sure of the solo on taking up the task. The reverse delay in it makes it especially tricky to get right. Do you play yourself? A cross between
Morrisey and Suede, I’ll take that as I’ve been called worse haha. But if I do sound like them it’s unintentional. Thanks man appreciate ya taking the time to watch and reply

ha, no worrys, honestly that was epic.
I tried the acoustic back in the day, i can play Wonderwall. that's about my musical talent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.