If you don't like Oasis, don't open this thread

Thanks bluehammer, I wasn’t exactly sure of the solo on taking up the task. The reverse delay in it makes it especially tricky to get right. Do you play yourself? A cross between
Morrisey and Suede, I’ll take that as I’ve been called worse haha. But if I do sound like them it’s unintentional. Thanks man appreciate ya taking the time to watch and reply

worth mentioning, you nailed that 'ooooh hoooo' bit at the end. tough note to hit.

ha, no worrys, honestly that was epic.
I tried the acoustic back in the day, i can play Wonderwall. that's about my musical talent
Thanks again. It’s never too late to pick it up, I didn’t start til I was 19. Learned a few chords, took me months to get wonderwall. Shakermaker is a good one to start off. And I just tipped away each day, 10 mins here, 20mins there and after picking it up a couple a times a day for a couple a months I developed the muscle memory of the chord shapes in my fingers and everything became easier after that.

And with all the restrictions there’s no better time to tip away
There’s any number of YouTube videos giving lessons for all levels of ability these days so it’s to access something that you can play that will interest ya. And the best part of playing guitar for me is the escape. The mind space it gives, a bit of freedom from the rigours of life

Ya don’t have to be John Squire or Slash to be able to sit on yer sofa and feel the benefit of getting lost in it for a few hours. It’s great for the mind.

I had tried to learn in my mid teens but it didn’t stick. Went back a few years later with a bit more determination and fortunately it stuck. So never too late to start. Id be happy to have a scout and PM ya some links to some YouTube tutors. It’s all mostly free too. Didn’t have YouTube when I was starting out unfortunately haha

Thanks again. It’s never too late to pick it up, I didn’t start til I was 19. Learned a few chords, took me months to get wonderwall. Shakermaker is a good one to start off. And I just tipped away each day, 10 mins here, 20mins there and after picking it up a couple a times a day for a couple a months I developed the muscle memory of the chord shapes in my fingers and everything became easier after that.

And with all the restrictions there’s no better time to tip away
There’s any number of YouTube videos giving lessons for all levels of ability these days so it’s to access something that you can play that will interest ya. And the best part of playing guitar for me is the escape.

Ya don’t have to be John Squire or Slash to be able to sit on yer sofa and feel the benefit of getting lost in it for a few hours. It’s great for the mind.I had tried to learn in my mid teens but it didn’t stick. Went back a few years later and fortunately it stuck. So never too late to start. Id be happy to have a scout and PM ya some links to some YouTube tutors. It’s all mostly free too. Didn’t YouTube when I was starting out unfortunately haha

Nice one, maybe one day for sure - at the mo, i have a newborn, i run every day, busy job and rest of time i'm on Bluemoon :)

Nice one, maybe one day for sure - at the mo, i have a newborn, i run every day, busy job and rest of time i'm on Bluemoon :)
Congrats on the newborn mate. Hope you’re all happy and well.

I haven’t ran in years unless for a bus so fair play, it’s a similar push and motivation for guitar practice. Work for me was getting in the way so I quit building sites and worked me arse off to become a musician. Was out doing between 6-10 shows a week before the pandemic. Not worked since unfortunately, so I’d been recording and posting a few tunes to try keep my chops up and stay relatively sane. Thanks again for watching and chatting mate. Sorry for the essay length replies

Having spent the last 15 years gigging for a living I’ve developed a thicker skin than that. But Morrisey is my go too piss take vocalist. I’ll have to contact the florist before attempting my next performance haha
I'm thinking bigger production for the next one, full length Quadraphenia.

You may need to step about 10 foot back from the mic to hit those Daltrey notes......... ;-)

I'm thinking bigger production for the next one, full length Quadraphenia.

You may need to step about 10 foot back from the mic to hit those Daltrey notes......... ;-)
Haha, I’ll get cracking on rounding up the local mods and rockers for a socially distanced reinactment of some scenes in the garden. I could be up on the garden shed attempting full on Daltrey as the mayhem unfold. Gotta get more gaffa tape to make sure the mic doesn’t end up in the neighbours kitchen 4 doors down

25 years ago today.

Remember queueing up at HMV Market Street to buy it
6107a86f4aff8342a9026d1174ea89ac.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.