IF You DrinK You Will Die

Holden Balls said:
Whats the tune to the first bit then? Gotta say ive never come across it in my 17 years of attending matches!

Sshh, don't admit you don't know the tune, you'll get called an armchair fan.

masterwig said:
Holden Balls said:
Whats the tune to the first bit then? Gotta say ive never come across it in my 17 years of attending matches!

Sshh, don't admit you don't know the tune, you'll get called an armchair fan.

Lol. mcfc78 is well known round his way for being a cock!

Think of the " We are not, we're not really here........." as the chorus. Before the chorus you got:

If your're drunk, you will die.
If you're sober, you will die
So its better to be drunk than be sober when you die

The above is more or less shouted rather than sung to a particular tune

After the "when you die" you then roll into .... "just like the fans of the invisible man" to the tune that we all know and love!!

Sang during the nineties on many a coach trip courtesy of Bill Blacks Leve Blues!

Kippaxian said:
Think of the " We are not, we're not really here........." as the chorus. Before the chorus you got:

After the "when you die" you then roll into .... "just like the fans of the invisible man" to the tune that we all know and love!!

Sang during the nineties on many a coach trip courtesy of Bill Blacks Leve Blues!

This is correct. I started the song at Arsenal away using the full version. Had to sing the first three lines on my own as nobody knew the words but then the whole stand sang the chorus when they realised what the song was.

Holden Balls said:

Season's in the Sun?

Or did I make that up?

Kippaxian said:

bill black legend,and a good mate of mine...anyone seen him lately.

Didsbury Dave said:
Noone believed me when I posted this in the original thread:

I was told it's "rebirth" was at a Prestwich and Whitefield branch do, the funeral of one of the members, where the above version "If you drink, you will die..." etc was sung.

It then caught on when we were in divisions 1 and 2 in the 96-98 era, obviously when we were stood at shitty grounds. I remember it had well caught on by the time we played away at Chesterfield. I remember some used to sing "WE're in Milan watching City in the champions league...we're not really here"

I hate to say I told you so but....

I stick by what i said... I'm older than most of you, so I'm right!... think P&W just adapted it..

davymcfc said:
interesting if its true. i know that the story of how it started at the new den is complete bollox but i never knew the real reason. and if this isnt true how much of a fool am 1i?
!))
100% true i would not put my name or mention a dead mate if it were a load of bollocks

levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Noone believed me when I posted this in the original thread:

I was told it's "rebirth" was at a Prestwich and Whitefield branch do, the funeral of one of the members, where the above version "If you drink, you will die..." etc was sung.

It then caught on when we were in divisions 1 and 2 in the 96-98 era, obviously when we were stood at shitty grounds. I remember it had well caught on by the time we played away at Chesterfield. I remember some used to sing "WE're in Milan watching City in the champions league...we're not really here"

I hate to say I told you so but....

I stick by what i said... I'm older than most of you, so I'm right!... think P&W just adapted it..
No mate it Started the way i said Bill Black was with us in Ireland & the seasons after he used to run coach trips all over the place & they used to sing it then as i said I WOULD NOT PUT MY NAME OR MENTION A DEAD MATE IF IT WAS NOT 100% True

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.