If you had your choice of united going bust or not would you

just sitting down to a champions breakfast...

tick.
tock.

1znlbtv.jpg

Nah not really tbh.

Don't like to see any football club go bust. My brother is a rag and i have a few mates who are and they're ok. I'd like to see them struggling mid-table or even just behind us. I like the rivalry and no other game gives me the perfct mix of nerves and excitement, like the derby does.

In an ideal world we'd beat them in the Champions League final with a 90th Carlos Tevez goal. I'd laugh my cock off at that. But no, don't really want to see them go bust.

I wouldn't care if they went bust but somehow I like the idea of City being on top and them still trying to challenge.

samharris said:
Id like them to learn a little humility...

More chance of em going bust.

For 90% of them, as you say, quite impossible. As my Newcastle United season ticket holder mate has said repeatedly, the scousers in the 80s never rubbed it in as much as those smug bastards have over the years, and they are detested for it. A lesson if there ever was one.

I don't want them to go bust either. A long period of mediocrity, with a relegation or six, would be delightful. It would sort the wheat from the chaff. Then they would really know what it means to support a football club. Whether or not it will ever happen is another thing but here's hoping ;-)

There's positives to anything that happens.

If they go bust we can all have a good chuckle as their fans go glory hunting elsewhere and we become undesputedly the only club in Manchester.

If they become a poor side playing in division 1 or worse they'll lose their stadium, fans, revenue etc. We can turn the old joke back upon them. And it'd be interesting to see if they could claw their way back up like we have (my opinion - no. Their support isnt good enough like ours has been).

If they become a poor Premiership team - MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE! here guys - we can have two derbies a season - minimum, and hopefully trounce them. They'd hopefully be in the relegation dog scrap every year.

If they remain a thriving force in the top 4; GREATER Manchester would become possibly the strongest region in football and also the rivalry would become one fans all over the world would want to watch. Part of me likes the idea of "Manchester City beat Manchester United to the title" every year - a Greater Manchester 1 and 2. To be fair to a lot of my less arrogant stuck up rag mates they'd like to see City in the top 4 (admittedly winning as little as possible though).

It's win/win in my opinon as long as we can push on now and become the footballing superpower we want to be with cups and champsleague football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.