If You Knew Somebody Was Going To Take Your Job, Would You..

If you are the manager of a company and are going to replace someone do you take your new employee into the office before he starts work and parade him round in front of everyone including the guy who is going to be replaced? Do you then expect that guy who is going to be replaced to be right in the head and to continue to work at optimum performace? Or do you expect him to go missing, go sick, work to rule, surf the web all day and generally not give a flying one about anything other than getting out and finding a new employer asap?

Poor management imo.

They have all been given the last 4/5 months to show the prowers that be, that they have the professionalism, the hunger and the detrmination to keep their place and be part of the long-term empire. They have had exactly the same time to prove to us, the fans (their paymasters) that they have the Pride to wear the sky-blue shirt.

Many of them have EPIC FAILED on all counts........ so now, F*ck em!!

And seeing the player who is going to take your spot paraded on the pitch in front of you is the last deserving kick-in-the-teeth for letting us all down.

jrb said:
give a f***? Be honest.

Watched Ball on the pitch while Bridge was being paraded to the crowd and his body language
said it all. Probably sums up the rest of the players who know they are going to lose their first team place or know they have no future at the club.

If I knew somebody was coming to replace me at work, I probably wouldn't give a f***, knowing I had no future.

Just a thought.
Thought exactly the same when I saw the on-screen video.

I'd try and prove how good I was, but City seem to be in danger of losing a lot of team spirit through this never-ending speculation. There are very few players who aren't being compared with a star player elsewhere.

The flip-side of the transfer war-chest is an unsettled and alienated squad, but I'd take the transfer war-chest evry time. The good players should respond positively to the challenge and raise their game

pigonthewall said:
a lot of players have had 4 or 5 months to show they are worth a place and miserably failed but it is still bad management to present Bridge the way they did.
Michael Ball would have known about the transfer, reagrdeless of whether the player was paraded on the pitch/screen.

It's not the way it's done, but the fact that this season has been uniquely played out to the backdrop of dross out stars in, that has I believe created a problem.

No other club has ever faced this "problem".

When Abramovic took over, Chelsea were already top 4 with great players. It was Ranieri who took all the flak, rather than the players who were already household names

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.