If you were Messi, Rooney or.......

ColinBellsjockstrap

Some other world class footballer:-

Would you sign for City in the summer:-

a) If we were in the Champion's League....

b) If we were not in the Champions league....

Even if you were offered a king's ransom, say £500,000pw.......bearing in mind these kind of players hardly need the money.........

Rooney is not a world class footballer.

I would sign if City got into the CL, but no way would I miss out on Europe's biggest competition.

Rooney is one of the few world class players who have played for the rags over the years. There have been many who were over-hyped but Rooney is true quality.

...prompts an interesting sub debate - not a world class footballer? must be sarcasm, but fast forward to the summer...we get 4th, Champs League next season, 100mil bid for Rooney accepted by the skints - are we happy??? hmmmmm

I don't see why a top player wouldn't if we were in the CL. Maybe the real top ones would wait a year or two after to see if we cement ourselves in that position.

I actually quite fancy us to snatch Higuain if we qualify, maybe even Torres.

Mike N said:
Rooney is one of the few world class players who have played for the rags over the years. There have been many who were over-hyped but Rooney is true quality.

Do you consider Ronaldo to be another one of those, or is he not English enough?

I do not consider Rooney to be at the level of Messi/ Ronaldo etc.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Some other world class footballer:-

Would you sign for City in the summer:-

a) If we were in the Champion's League....

b) If we were not in the Champions league....

Even if you were offered a king's ransom, say £500,000pw.......bearing in mind these kind of players hardly need the money.........

Hmmm to be honest no! possibly Torres or Villa, the young Montenegran from Fiore, Oesil from Bremen; but not top players who are at Champion clubs!

and for me there isn't a better footballer in Europe right now than Wayne Rooney, let alone a debate to whether he's world class!

CTID Chris said:
Mike N said:

Do you consider Ronaldo to be another one of those, or is he not English enough?

I do not consider Rooney to be at the level of Messi/ Ronaldo etc.

Er.. yes.

And Im a city fan, not an England fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.