If you were Messi, Rooney or.......

AntMcfc said:
You lot make me fucking sick. Rooney's not even close to being one of the world's top players, let alone on Messi and Ronaldo's level hahaha. Jesus Christ, some of you need to try watching a few games before you start commenting on who rivals this great, English prodigy.

And if you offered me Rooney for 40m I most certainly would not take it, much better players could be purchased for the same price i.e. Villa, Ribery.

if you think david villa is better than rooney, you need your head testing

AntMcfc said:
You lot make me fucking sick. Rooney's not even close to being one of the world's top players, let alone on Messi and Ronaldo's level hahaha. Jesus Christ, some of you need to try watching a few games before you start commenting on who rivals this great, English prodigy.

And if you offered me Rooney for 40m I most certainly would not take it, much better players could be purchased for the same price i.e. Villa, Ribery.

When was the last time either of them played in the PL though? Who's to say they are not in a comfort zone in their respective leagues? Who's to say they'd adjust to English football? Anyone who says they wouldn't have Rooney for £40m is crazy in my view.

supercity36 said:
AntMcfc said:

i do..
well id take villa over rooney

imo.

lee-mcfc said:
supercity36 said:

i do..

imo.

well then lol you do need your head testing. rooney has proven pl experience, great hold up man, and has pretty much carried united more than once. villa scores goals and has a bit of skill, thats it

supercity36 said:
lee-mcfc said:
i do..

imo.

well then lol you do need your head testing. rooney has proven pl experience, great hold up man, and has pretty much carried united more than once. villa scores goals and has a bit of skill, thats it

This. And in a lesser league too. I think too many people look at Torres and how he settled to the English game and think Villa would do the same. I think Villa would be either on the deck every 5 minutes, or in a defenders pocket. Torres is a different gravy because take away that girly hair and I think you have a bit of a hard nut on your hands. Watch him when Sky do close ups of him, he's always having a pop. I think the fornicator Terry said he was surprised, (and glad), that Torres gave as good as he took. Can't see Villa being the same myself.

Damocles said:
I don't see why a top player wouldn't if we were in the CL. Maybe the real top ones would wait a year or two after to see if we cement ourselves in that position.

I actually quite fancy us to snatch Higuain if we qualify, maybe even Torres.
i agree, i have said it befoe. if we get champs league and liverpool dont, i cant see torres sticking around. signing him in the summer could be a very real possibility

Messi is world class in that league, sorry but Messi on the field last night would of been crap, bullied like a little girl.

Rooney however would thrive in that kind of physical game.

I'd much rather have Rooney in my city team than messi for those reasons, and he bagged a few last night in a CL match.

Would he come to us though? no but to be honest we already have Tevez to do that physical ball chasing presence upfront, we need Torres imo and we can get him.

SteSteez said:
Messi is world class in that league, sorry but Messi on the field last night would of been crap, bullied like a little girl.

Rooney however would thrive in that kind of physical game.

I'd much rather have Rooney in my city team than messi for those reasons, and he bagged a few last night in a CL match.

Would he come to us though? no but to be honest we already have Tevez to do that physical ball chasing presence upfront, we need Torres imo and we can get him.

No we can't. We really really can't. Torres is class and he won't come. Nor do I want him to. Nor Wayne fucking Rooney or John fucking Terry.

Good god.

Oh god you lot have really outdone yourselves here now hahahah, Rooney better than Messi and Villa! Beggars belief.

AntMcfc said:
Oh god you lot have really outdone yourselves here now hahahah, Rooney better than Messi and Villa! Beggars belief.

No but you're going off what you've seen on the tele because neither of those players play in England. Rooney plays in England and knows the league and what its all about inside out. No-ones denying they are quality players, but you asked 'if you were Messi, Rooney.....' and its evolved to who people would prefer and because he would not need to settle in, Rooney is the choice of many. Villa and Messi are good in their league, but just like there's no saying Rooney would be as good in Spain, the there's no saying Messi and Villa would make it in the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.