If you were young.

BufordUSABlue said:
Been in the States 9 years this year and we all love it, my daughter who was 5 when we came here is 14 now and is basically an American and would kill me if i said we were coming back to the UK......she has way too much going for her here than back in dear old blighty! I wouldnt change a thing, left England when i was 40 and will 'celebrate' my 50th here in Atlanta in June with a bunch of Brits who i used to play footie with.........the main reason is that the English certainly know how to PAAAAAAARRRTYY!! Oh and it rains here as well, but the summers are disgustingly hot and humid, the winters pretty much non-existent with Spring and Fall (I have been here too long :-) !! totally awesome......

I still miss City, the family, my mates and the local as much as ever, but ce la vie eh!!!

- and we've not met???

My house is in Atlanta, although I'm also leasing something near Chicago for other reasons & it's a pain in the arse financially. Are you down to Fado's for the games or do you hang closer to home?

As to the other posters, I've been in the USA on and off since the late 80s. For anyone without legal options to get over here, some of the expats I know here (legally) started-off by over-staying their welcome and working without papers. There may well be another amnesty for illegal immigrants soon, but you have to be here already to get it - that or you win the Green Card Lottery; and I know a few people personally who have.

The illegal route is a tough option, I guess primarily for those residents of Mexico who are escaping poverty for a chance to earn dollars instead of pesos. If you're really desperate and want to get away, the unconventional advice I'd have for US-bound immigrants is just get your arse over here. Your accent will always do you favours, but until you get naturalised you won't be able to get in or out of the States at will. A friend of mine has a girlfriend who is working illegally in her own business, and she cannot accompany him on his international travels for fear of being found out at immigration... she's been here for nearly a decade; like many she is waiting on the next amnesty declaration to get legal & her freedom back.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Plenty of room down here.It's not all doom and gloom either... we'll come out of this recession in better stead than most other places.

thats what i thought too wheelsy!
then i saw all the 'fuck off we're full' stickers..do they have them in syd?

lostmyhouseski said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Plenty of room down here.It's not all doom and gloom either... we'll come out of this recession in better stead than most other places.

Yep.

You usually have a "Fuck off we're full" sticker on the left hand side of the rear window and a "If you don't like it, leave!" sticker on the right hand side.

Aussie pride bro.
aus_day_2009_f_o_w_f.jpg

scottyboi said:
Would you leave this country if you had no strings attached? .... im a joiner just wondering about other peoples experiences good and bad.
Cheers.

get gone, now.

my wife is keeping me here now but god forbid if i end up a single man i will not spend 1 day longer in this country than i have to.i'm 55 btw, so not young, you go for it.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
lostmyhouseski said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:

Yep.

You usually have a "Fuck off we're full" sticker on the left hand side of the rear window and a "If you don't like it, leave!" sticker on the right hand side.

Aussie pride bro.
aus_day_2009_f_o_w_f.jpg

Southern Cross on the back of the Commodore?

NathanC said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
lostmyhouseski said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:

Yep.

Aussie pride bro.
aus_day_2009_f_o_w_f.jpg

Southern Cross on the back of the Commodore?

They have upped the ante here - its if you dont LOVE it leave..you cant just like it anymore...or we dont want ya

ps- so your moving to hollywood??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.