Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The German fans need to be more understanding and enightened. I doubt whether Ilkay or Ozil like Erdogan but he is not the kind of guy you want to fall out with. Look at what happened to Hakan Sukur

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/18/hakan-sukur-turkey-fallen-hero-exile

Why was Emre Can able to say no when he was invited to this event?

Erdogan has jailed German journos, tried to influence their elections, called them Nazis etc.

Never mind that Gundogan gave him a shirt inscribed 'With great respect for my president'.

Understandable why Germans booed & whistled at him a couple of days ago.

Last edited:
The part of Gündog's shirt with "my president" seems a pure linguistic/grammar thing in Turkish, though. Like addressing someone as "my lady".

How this guy didn't play today was crazy - another astonishing decision from a very arrogant manager. I thought his game allowed Kroos to have an impact in the last game yet he was not so good in this match. Oh how they needed some control of possession in midfield and dare I say some pace out wide - uh hmm Sane! Got what they deserved.

How this guy didn't play today was crazy - another astonishing decision from a very arrogant manager. I thought his game allowed Kroos to have an impact in the last game yet he was not so good in this match. Oh how they needed some control of possession in midfield and dare I say some pace out wide - uh hmm Sane! Got what they deserved.

Tbh I don't think Gundogwan would have made much difference. He isn't really a game changer. Sane most definitely would of and Hummels if he could of headed a ball. Never mind no sympathy here. Cherio Germans

Tbh I don't think Gundogwan would have made much difference. He isn't really a game changer. Sane most definitely would of and Hummels if he could of headed a ball. Never mind no sympathy here. Cherio Germans

I disagree, I thought he made a big difference against Sweden, he just moved the ball much more quickly, and his control at the back allowed Kroos to get forward and focus on just putting the killer ball in, which lead to a bunch of their chances before the equaliser.

Germany were sloppy in possession, didn't look after the ball and that's just not going to be the case with Gundogan there. The worst thing is Khedira is so bloody slow that Gundogan doesn't even look like a defensive liability in comparison.

I disagree, I thought he made a big difference against Sweden, he just moved the ball much more quickly, and his control at the back allowed Kroos to get forward and focus on just putting the killer ball in, which lead to a bunch of their chances before the equaliser.

Germany were sloppy in possession, didn't look after the ball and that's just not going to be the case with Gundogan there. The worst thing is Khedira is so bloody slow that Gundogan doesn't even look like a defensive liability in comparison.

I see what you are saying, but the Germans did create several very good chances yesterday and didn't take any of them.

I see what you are saying, but the Germans did create several very good chances yesterday and didn't take any of them.

Eh, after about an hour of not creating a single thing, and only by committing so many people forward that they were wide open on the counter.

Eh, after about an hour of not creating a single thing, and only by committing so many people forward that they were wide open on the counter.
Does that matter, they created very good chances but didn't take them. I think you and we will have to agree to dissagree on Gundogwan. I am not his biggest fan.

Does that matter, they created very good chances but didn't take them. I think you and we will have to agree to dissagree on Gundogwan. I am not his biggest fan.

Yes it matters because there's an obvious difference between creating chances from minute 1 because you control midfield and move the ball well vs. creating chances for 15 minutes when you've brought on 3 extra forwards and are risking everything on the counter because you've got no choice.

Seems like you're just trying to shoehorn a dislike of Gundogan into whether Germany would have been better off creating chances within a stable set up or leaving it to a kamikaze last 15 minutes where they inevitably conceded because they had no control on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.