Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird because if we had Jorginho in our side doing the exact same thing Gundogan is then people would be praising him to the hilt because he is doing exactly what he is asked to do. I don't think many get what kind of footballer he is.

It's weird because if we had Jorginho in our side doing the exact same thing Gundogan is then people would be praising him to the hilt. I don't think many get what kind of footballer he is.

Absolute nonsense, why would people do that? You seem to be suggesting that people offer critical appraisals of his performances just because of his name?

Absolute nonsense, why would people do that? You seem to be suggesting that people offer critical appraisals of his performances just because of his name?

His name, no, what kind of footballer he is, yes.

And talking of "absolute nonsense" what is it about saying he is an Arsenal player that you think is a critical appraisal?

His name, no, what kind of footballer he is, yes.

And talking of "absolute nonsense" what is it about saying he is an Arsenal player that you think is a critical appraisal?
Some one who doesn't show up in tough or big games. Pretty obvious really.

Spurs at WHL last season on the back of 3 chastening defeats, would you say that's a 'tough or big game'? How about a League Cup final, 'tough or big'?

Or Barcelona away...

Scored at Anfield as well to spark the almost comeback.

You must be watching a different game to me. The guy is a myth, living off a good season at Dortmund, what seems like an age ago now. The game is littered with players like these.

He hides wherever possible and is only interested in and around the opposition box, fuck knows why though, as he makes the wrong decision every time.

He’s the sort of player, who just about gets away with it when we batter teams but is a waste of oxygen when in games like yesterday, we are looking for someone to step up.

If he is going to play every week, I expect trouble ahead. We will win most games, just because even with 10 men, we will be better than most of the sides we face but we will definitely have more games like yesterday, with him in the side.
Here we go again. I asked for facts about the game yesterday, but you gave me your opinion of him--- generally...

That opinion whether true or false says nothing about Saturday's performance. Who played better than the ''myth' on Saturday? And did they do that was better?

These are all questions of fact, not opinion.

Here we go again. I asked for facts about the game yesterday, but you gave me your opinion of him--- generally...

That opinion whether true or false says nothing about Saturday's performance. Who played better than the ''myth' on Saturday? And did they do that was better?

Your idea of "fact" is x player made 78 passes at 94% pass completion, therefore had an excellent game. It is statistical nonsense. He is playing in a position, in our side which requires an element of risk/reward. Someone like KDB, will likely have a much lower pass percentage completion rate than the majority of his teammates, because he is attempting riskier passes, with potentially higher reward. Gundogan is quite happy keeping his stats up, by continually taking the easier option and when he isn't taking the easier option, he is more often than not taking the wrong option. The guy is an absolute chancer, he might hoodwink you with his stats, he won't hoodwink me.

2017/2018:
Gundogan in the starting 11: 22% defeats (with him starting every game we would have to fight for a top 4 spot)
Gundogan not in the starting 11: 3% defeats
I guess that's where the "Arsenal" feeling comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.