Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's positioning was excellent all game. His arrival time attacking positions. He intercepted 2 balls based off of share fantastic positioning. He also killed 2 other possible attacks but simply getting btw the ball and the outlet pass.

I personally would not frame him being fouled (pushed from behind on one) as him falling and leaving us exposed.

Anyway, his simple passes are not so simple. They keep us I . possession and keep us ticking. In terms of creativity. He sprung Sterling with a lovely pass over the top that should have been better controlled.

Ghosted into the box for a return pass for our official 1st short goal. Put in the assist for our equalizer. Help recover possession on one of Kompany's errors. Amongst other things. Just generally he was involved than the others.

Now come on.

If everyone accepted every word of that, you can't get away with him 'springing' Sterling, then give him.credit for passing the ball back to their keeper after being put clean through on goal.

I thought he was 'ok' vs Wolves, not good but 'ok' (only in context of the others) but 'ghosted into the box for a return pass' should read fucked up an easy chance for 1-0.

Giving him credit for that move is beyond ridiculous.

Gundogan is talented - but he's behind our Silvas and KDB and Mahrez and maybe others at attacking mid. He's best at a dual pivot and can play sole pivot as well - albeit giving up on the sort of destructive play that Fernandinho can bring to bear.

Against the like of Wolves - if Gundogan is to play - would prefer D. Silva and Mahrez or B. Silva at attacking mid with Gundogan to hold.
====
Not sure why Mahrez didn't start v. Wolves... not yet comfortable with our system? Attitude? Something else?

Just checked and after this season he’ll only have a year left on his deal.

Would rather we sell him for £30m-£40m than give him a new deal which would be a mistake imo.

Overall he has been a good buy for £21m but hasn’t reached the heights we all expected and that’s ok, it happens sometimes.

He’s 28 years old in October. It’s time to sell and bring in a replacement or just let Brahim and Foden share his place. Rabiot would be great on a free as well.

Would rather we sell him for £30m-£40m than give him a new deal which would be a mistake imo.

Overall he has been a good buy for £21m but hasn’t reached the heights we all expected and that’s ok, it happens sometimes.

He’s 28 years old in October. It’s time to sell and bring in a replacement or just let Brahim and Foden share his place. Rabiot would be great on a free as well.

Any replacement would potentially block Foden's path, there's also a settling period for any replacement to negotiate.

Let him see out his contract and hopefully by that stage Foden has stepped up.

Now come on.

If everyone accepted every word of that, you can't get away with him 'springing' Sterling, then give him.credit for passing the ball back to their keeper after being put clean through on goal.

I thought he was 'ok' vs Wolves, not good but 'ok' (only in context of the others) but 'ghosted into the box for a return pass' should read fucked up an easy chance for 1-0.

Giving him credit for that move is beyond ridiculous.
He disdid miss. The shot was saved. The movement to be there is what I'm crediting. Also on Agueri's first shot that hit the upright, Ilkay was the Midfielder ghosting into possitively to pick up the cross when Aguero curled back to hit the sweet shot.

BTW, should I dock Aguero points for hitting the bar there too? How about hitting the bar on the free kick? The soft shot he couldn't get out of under him? The third shot that hit the bar? How about the 2 that missed wide right.

How would you rate Aguero's overall performance in light of these misses?

The worst player on the field? As I thought he was the best in spite of not scoring those chances.

But I'm.all ears on how you'd judge it.

Any replacement would potentially block Foden's path, there's also a settling period for any replacement to negotiate.

Let him see out his contract and hopefully by that stage Foden has stepped up.

I don’t think the club would let his contract run down if a club bids that much, it’s just a bad business decision. Either way I think we would bring in another player as there needs to be competition within the squad for places.

Not sure what Brahim’s position will be, Foden I think is nailed on for the free 8. But if the club see Brahim there as well then maybe another signing would not be needed.

He disdid miss. The shot was saved. The movement to be there is what I'm crediting. Also on Agueri's first shot that hit the upright, Ilkay was the Midfielder ghosting into possitively to pick up the cross when Aguero curled back to hit the sweet shot.

BTW, should I dock Aguero points for hitting the bar there too? How about hitting the bar on the free kick? The soft shot he couldn't get out of under him? The third shot that hit the bar? How about the 2 that missed wide right.

How would you rate Aguero's overall performance in light of these misses?

The worst player on the field? As I thought he was the best in spite of not scoring those chances.

But I'm.all ears on how you'd judge it.

The finish was fucking shite.

We don't usually praise people for such shit finishing, we usually say 'ffs' but when you are trying to bullshit a point pretty much anything goes & honesty goes out of the window.

I disagree, he's a good squad player and we've already got enough players leaving in the next 2 year's with Aguero, Silva, Kompany.

I doubt he's on big wages, he's only 28, keep him around as a backup, we're not likely to get another international quality backup for less than £50m these days and it's money we just don't need to spend.

Also when Pep leaves we want to carry on what he's done and part of that is keeping his players around, as Barcelona lived off Busquets, Messi, Pique, Iniesta and Alves managing themselves for a good 5 years. I hope we keep as many of this squad as possible together for as long as possible.

This season he's been in more of an offensive role than last season. He was one of the better players in the Community Shield game. He was just unlucky with his finishing in that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.