Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is Gundo is an often decent enough but sometimes average attacking midfielder, whereas he’s an excellent deep lying midfielder.

You only have to see his level of performance in the second half of last season, where he was probably the best and certainly the most consistent player in the team, playing deep in midfield.

And while he can have some good games in attacking mid, he’s just not at the same level there.
Best player was Bernardo. Gundo without Silva running like a possessed man in front of him = Spurs CL first leg

3 Villa counterattacks today came from him getting to the first Villa player with the ball and Ilkay pulling out of the tackle, one of them lead to Fernandinho's yellow card, on tuesday it lead to the penalty.

I like him, I think he does everything else in the role well, but until he starts making those tackles where he either wins the ball back or takes the player down, we will give up too many chances with him there.

Once the opposition breaks through our press, I am more worried now, than I have been in 2 years. Gundogan is great at 6 on the ball, he is very average without it.

3 Villa counterattacks today came from him getting to the first Villa player with the ball and Ilkay pulling out of the tackle, one of them lead to Fernandinho's yellow card, on tuesday it lead to the penalty.

I like him, I think he does everything else in the role well, but until he starts making those tackles where he either wins the ball back or takes the player down, we will give up too many chances with him there.

Watching a different game again

I actually thought he made a few good interceptions today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.