Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright; we're clearly not going to agree on this. And I'm not going to spend all day trying to convince you that I'm right.
It's not about right or wrong, it's just opinions mate. We just see things differently.

I'd be mad pissed if Guardiola seemingly tried to throw any match against Bayern or Barça just to help them out because of his prior history with them.

Unless there was a valid reason, Pep would organise our team to prevail, to the best of his ability.

Would it be any different if Gerrard's Villa seemingly laid down on the final day at Klanfield, & the Dippers trampled them to win the title?

Maybe because he’s so versatile?
I agree, but I also think he's been a victim of his versatility. However, as we saw last year, he was more outspoken than ever about not wanting to play on the wing, and he backed that talk up through the middle by more or less carrying us to the title. Shouldn't that be rewarded? Hasn't he bit the bullet long enough? Bringing in Gundo, an attacking midfielder, feels a disservice to Phil. Not to mention Kovacic, who just put on a brilliant showing, McAtee, who likely thought he could get some minutes there, giving up on Nunes, etc. As I said yesterday, if Gundo comes, I won't be mad about it, but I don't think it's a move that needs to be made.

It's really amusing that folks are concerned that Pep will put our best weapon - Phil - on a position where he can't shine.

It's not OGS ffs, it's Pep.

tried to throw any match against Bayern or Barça just to help them out because of his prior history with them.

Unless there was a valid reason, Pep would organise our team to prevail, to the best of his ability.

Would it be any different if Gerrard's Villa seemingly laid down on the final day at Klanfield, & the Dippers trampled them to win the title?
Isn't that what Gerrard did that day?

The Paqueta thing seemed good as done but fell through.

Guimares and Paqueta are extremely close, Brazil internationals who share a midfield together.

The idea of them teaming up was likely very appealing to them.

Once Paqueta fell through, it became much harder to get Guimares to agitate for a move. Once Newcastle sorted their PSR concerns and didn't need to sell anymore, he became unwilling to move.

The club is likely looking at Musiala and Wirtz as long term targets that realistically cant be pried from their clubs until next summer.

Gundogan could be the perfect stopgap, a player who wouldn't need a long term commitment, who wouldn't need assurances of playing time, who fits the system perfectly.

They thought he was a one year guy at the time but the needs of the team are fluid and change constantly. A reunion seems to be the best case for the club at this present time. One more depth option really makes us that much more secure in the midfield.
Good points....This is my hope that Gundogan is a stop gap before a Musiala signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.