Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever have a song for him? I remember being in the ground when Bernardo came on as a second half sub when there were very, very strong rumours about him going to Barca. I've never heard a player's song sung so loud.
Chorus from the Peters and Lee classic !!

Welcome home, welcome
Come on in, and close the door
You've been gone, too long
Welcome, you're home once more

He's lost nothing but worry about the message this sends to Nunes, Kovacic, McAtee and Grealish come January. Pathway blocked.
Well it also says here is a chance to learn from one of the best central midfielders in the game, and someone who is a complete professional.

Spin it however you want...

Another bonus if he returns,he will tell other players like,Silva/Haaland etc that Barca is rubbish and not a place to move too
I don’t think they’re that much of a draw these days. Haaland will likely go Madrid at some point, but not for a few years yet. Barca are way behind in the attraction stakes.

. Exactly- we have loads of games, it gives some cover for Rodri, gives more options especially in CL and I just think he’s a great player. There’s enough time and opportunity for McAtee to learn
We just watched Kovacic boss it versus a top-six team in the league. Why do we need more cover than that?

I don’t think they’re that much of a draw these days. Haaland will likely go Madrid at some point, but not for a few years yet. Barca are way behind in the attraction stakes.
I always get the impression that Haaland is bang into British culture, humour, lifestyle and loves the Premier League… long term aims of beating Jimmy Greaves’ English goalscoring record.

I don’t envisage him at Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.