Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a lot more confident of retaining the league with Gundo in the squad. Can't wait to cheer him on the pitch on Saturday. Absolutely buzzing now.
Will he do a public signing on the pitch pre match.

If so, I hope the club announce it early enough for the ground to be full !!

Anyone know if he's had a pre-season at all with Barca, i.e. is there a chance he'll be on the bench Saturday?

"Disappointing" ? Lol.

From what I've read I think about 95% of blues have the feel good factor about Gundo returning but we're always gonna have a few 'end is nigh' lizard lipped miserable cunts amongst our flock not happy about something, Damien, even though there's nowt to be disappointed about.

I don't know how old you are but I've spent over 30 years feeling disappointed watching City lose against teams we should have beaten and drowned my sorrows amongst fellow blues with good banter and sing songs, that's how we got through the 'bad years' together.

We didn't have Internet back then so we'd moan in the pubs and stadiums to each other but we always backed the lads on the pitch wherever we went(well most did) and belive me, some players weren't worthy of backing or praise and I bet Richard Edghill wished he was stone deaf on hearing the vitriolic abuse he received at times which was totally out of order IMO.

The truth is we've never had it so good these last few years and when we sing "City, City, the best team in the land and all the world" we really are, and I still get the odd goose bumps 'pinch me' moments because I sometimes find it hard to comprehend how bad we were to how good we are. And when you think about it we used to sing that song in the mid 80s never ever believing we'd ever become the best team in the land or the we world, even though they were(or felt like) that in our hearts.

Our success won't last forever so drink it in and cherish these moments of cup lifting celebrations and rejoice, but never forget where we've come from because one day we may find ourselves back there, and if we do and I meet any miserable blues bemoaning "we're disappointing" in a pub I'll smile and sup up sharpish and fuck off out of the door before they have chance to flatten my pint and leave me feeling flat; )

"Disappointing"? Lol.

We've never had it so good, like I said...

And Gundogan retuning has ramped up my excitement more that I ever thought possible, bring it on: )
Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.