Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always start with 4 defenders but practically play 3 at the back with either Stones, Akanji or Lewis pushing into a midfield role so Ilkay returning won't change that and won't affect Rico progress.

with no Bobb till christmas and no real replacement for alvarez who is better than him, O'Rielly finding his feet and McAtee being slowly integrated, it seems quite forward thinking to use someone who we know, who knows us and won't be a barrier to their progression for the next 5 or so years.

or we spunk 100M on someone with years ahead of them, stiffle the youngs un chances long term and so those two go on loan until their sold instead?
I hadn’t thought about Nico until your post, but having Gündog here can only help the young man's growth and progress, if Pep really is intent on developing him as a Rodri successor.

What Ilkay brings in experience will be as valuable off the pitch, as it will on it.

I just don't get this signing at all...and I was the one always defending Gundo in those dark days when only things about him were 'running through treacle', but once you are gone, you are gone.
Bit of a lost cause for you if you don’t get it.

I could understand it if you said you don’t get why people sit there eating blue cheese when it’s clearly Brie time.

The return of Gundo though? It’s very simple.

Here is one of our greatest ever players.
He wants to come back to the club.
He left on good terms.
He has been identified for his coaching skill - the box midfield is his.

This seems to me like a well-thought-out move.

The only negative is the feeling among young players that their chance to break in to the team may be lessened. The caveat is that learning from Gundo is as good as it gets.

I suspect this is a player-coach arrangement. Player now, shift into position in the CFG.

Haha we know he is going to sign but done deal is a bit premature when it be tomorrow
I agree. I can't fully believe anything till it's on mancity.com . You cant trust anything anymore. Sure for all I know you are a bot. Fuck I think I might be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.